I think I bricked my phone.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ti1996, Apr 7, 2011.

1. ti1996

ti1996 New Member

I recently switched from Simply Stunning 4.8 to Cyanogen Mod 7. When I tried to install my old custom kernel, my phone freaked out. I eventually got it under control and back to working on Cyanogen Mod 7. I heard that Bekit kernels work, so I installed one. Now, my phone won't even boot up to the Moto logo. I don't know how to fix this thing without my phone booting in to recovery. It's an original Moto Droid.

If I bring a brick in to the store, will they have a way to know it was rooted?
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  2. ti1996

ti1996 New Member

I just started an RSD wipe. Totally forgot about that, half forgot and half didn't think I could even get in to the Bootloader. Need to wait for the battery to charge though...
  3. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

At least you knew enough to figure that out. A good deal of people who think they "brick" their phones have no clue about either RSDLite or adb. Those two should be a prerequisite to rooting IMO.

Hope everything works out for ya.
  4. ti1996

ti1996 New Member

I knew about RSD and have used it, just never f***ed up so bad that it wouldn't boot in to recovery. I honestly didn't think the Bootloader would open because the custom kernel made the phone not know how to use the processor. My guess was I was a retard and got one for the wrong Droid.
Search tags for this page

cyanogenmod phone wont turn on