I think I bricked my Droid...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Californian, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Californian

Californian New Member

[SOLVED]I think I bricked my Droid...

Actually I'm about 90% sure I did, and I also think it's unrecoverable, but I thought I'd check here before I bought a new one. I just put a new baseband, BB 0.4, and one of P3Droid's kernals on last night, and after I finished the overclocking (I didn't check between each step, just kind of went from one to the next), it had the red line through the battery like it had no charge, and even after I connected to my comp, it wouldn't charge. So I said, eh I'll plug it in to my comp and turn it off and hope it's charged in the morning. Unfortunately it wasn't so I thought the most likely culprit was the oc'd kernel and just put the kernal at http://www.p3designs.info/kernels/LV-125-1250-v32kernel.zip on the sdcard. I booted into recovery and installed it from the root of my card, and just as I pressed enter BOOM it turned off. Now it won't turn on (no moto m, nothing), but the only possible thing giving me hope is that the light on the side still turns on. Is it possible it's just my battery (I lost the back and didn't replace it) that's messed up? Thanks in advance.
    Edit: So if it is bricked, can I get a new one from Verizon (obvi for a fee)?
    Edit 2: Yipee I have hope now! I can hold up on the dpad and it says bootloader 2c.6c Cannot program Battery low. Can I fix it with sbf? Is my battery just ****ed?
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi New Member

With the phone plugged into USB, can you get into recovery mode (x + power button)???

-Mike
  3. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member Premium Member

U are ok. I would leave plug into wall for a solid charge then try recovery again. If all else fails go with sbf. If u got that light u are not bricked. Been there before and wasn't fun.
  4. ndhill1976

ndhill1976 New Member

yep, use the wall charger, it is a lot more efficient. I think when your phone is screwed up, the usb charger may not work sometimes.
  5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I do not believe you are bricked. We have only seen a couple phones that have actually been bricked here on the forums.

Yes as it has been said before, plug your phone up with the motorola charger to the wall and let it charge for 3-4 hours. then try to boot up. if you are still seeing a dead battery and it is asking you to connect your charger, you are experiencing a conflict between your ROM and your kernel. At that point boot into recovery and restore a back up that does not include the kernel you have on it now. That should resolve the "dead battery" indicator. This has been showing up here lately with the 2.2 ROMs coming out and the kernels are not up to speed with the new roms.
  6. Californian

Californian New Member

Oh awesome guys thanks so much for your responses. I won't have access to my charger for two more days, but it's really good to know it's not bricked. I think I nailed the last nail in that idea's coffin today when, after plugging into my computer for a while, I noticed my phone had actually turned on (to a normal, lock screen state), but then it shut off on it's own very shortly thereafter. I'll plug it in for a while and redo everything, and if all else fails use sbf, and post an update. Thanks a million guys!
  7. drivinfocused

drivinfocused New Member

try reinstalling a different kernel. (if or when you get into recovery) i had that about a week or so ago and had to keep the phone on the wall charger, download a new kernel then recovery through that, then reinstall the kernel...

like dl said, it is a kernel issue like i had.... don't worry its and easy fix!
Search tags for this page

droid battery notification red lines