I think I bricked it...

jamiethemorris

Reaction score
I just did the latest cm9 ics flash on my bionic, and I installed gapps after booting up the system once already. it got stuck at "android is upgrading..." So I factory reset it in recovery mode. Now I can't do anything with it. regular recovery mode obviously won't flash anything, and neither will rsdlite... including the stock .902 rom.

So am I pretty much screwed?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just did the latest cm9 ics flash on my bionic, and I installed gapps after booting up the system once already. it got stuck at "android is upgrading..." So I factory reset it in recovery mode. Now I can't do anything with it. regular recovery mode obviously won't flash anything, and neither will rsdlite... including the stock .902 rom.

I haven't rooted a phone in quite a while but before we flashed anything we always use to make a copy of the OS after root and flash that in recovery. Did you not make a copy to recover with?

Factory reset will only reset the phone back to the status it was in when the current ROM you are running is, fresh, without any added apps.

I'm not really sure how it works anymore but I'll try to get someone to give you some assistance other then me just saying what I think should have happened.

johnlgalt

Reaction score

Flash it all again and it should pick right back up where it left off. Flashing the ROM will wipe /system automatically, so you should be good after that. Don't forget to flash GApps right after *before* rebooting.

And if you have a lot of apps installed, it will take some time for the Android is upgrading. On my CM9 SelfKang install on my BIONIC I have 451 apps that it has to 'update' - that's a good 10 minute process....