I think I bricked, help?

krazzyjman

Reaction score
I know what I did wrong, and I realized what I did right after I did it.
I forgot to wipe data and cache before loading the rom, is there anyway to undo this and fix my phone. It is stuck on the liberty boot loading screen and the wings are rotating over and over again

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wipe & reflash

*edit how did you forget something you don't know how to do?

Last edited:

droid_freak

Reaction score
I forgot to wipe data and cache before loading the rom, is there anyway to undo this and fix my phone. It is stuck on the liberty boot loading screen and the wings are rotating over and over again

Factory reset and you will be fine. Pull battery. Pwr and Home button once triangle with android shows, push search, factory reset and reboot.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I just got my service back. Sorry man I didn't respond fast enough. Glad to see you got the help you needed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just boot in to stock recovery by pulling and replacing the battery and then holding the home button and power button simultaneously. when you see the exclamation point pops up you will either press the magnifying glas if you are on froyo or both volume buttons if you are on gingerbread. this will get you in to stock recovery where you can do a factory reset. no need to reflash.

edit: i am slllloooooowwwww

OP
krazzyjman

krazzyjman

Reaction score
A yellow rectangle appeared on my screen. What is that? This is after I wiped and rebooted

ultrastigi

Reaction score
You have spaz helping now no need for me. Good luck man.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
krazzyjman

krazzyjman

Reaction score
I think it all worked, never mind. I am going to reboot and see if it loads. Thank you everyone for your help!

sacnvz

Reaction score
Woah, this same thing happened to me today too. Just like you I forgot to wipe data. I wiped cache but it wasn't enough. Fell into that bootloop trap with the spinning wings. Liberty v2.0.1 running fine now.

My only issue is that Titanium Backup keeps FCing. Anyone have suggestions on that?

Thanks

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
Woah, this same thing happened to me today too. Just like you I forgot to wipe data. I wiped cache but it wasn't enough. Fell into that bootloop trap with the spinning wings. Liberty v2.0.1 running fine now.

My only issue is that Titanium Backup keeps FCing. Anyone have suggestions on that?

Thanks

...not really sure how to help with this, if I had to guess I'd say you should flash liberty on top of what you have (same version of liberty w/out wipe) but you may want to go into a more active thread (2.0, or gingerbread thread) and post something there, you will get a faster reply i'm sure! ...I just happened to be browsing around and came in here; otherwise I wouldn't have seen it ... I know I've seen some other folks who were having issues with their titanium, so i'm sure someone has the answers by now ... good luck!

edit: Perhaps this will help???

To anyone having problems with Titanium Backup latest version 3.7.6 (most recent update) force closing after it tries to allow root access... use THIS link: http://matrixrewriter.com/android/

It's the previous version 3.7.5 I found on the dev's website after a quick Google search on the problem.

If you're like me and made a Titanium backup before yesterday evening, installed Liberty GB and redownloaded Titanium from the Market to restore all your apps, Titanium's dev put out an update just last night and for some reason it WILL NOT work with Liberty GB - just immediately force closes when trying to gain root access no matter what you do (as already mentioned, clicking "forget" in the Superuser app and reopening/reinstalling does not work) - and you are stuck in a new ROM and not able to restore your apps. This should temporarily fix that.

Hopefully the dev will jump on that bug quick as the Market reviews for the app have already been flooded with people *****ing up a storm!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

sacnvz

Reaction score
Looks like the dev fixed it. I installed the update and got back all my apps. Thanks for finding this!