I think I am done.....

Reaction score
Not what you think though. I LOVE the Droid!

I am done basically to the point where I have the phone exactly where I need it and want it to be. Minus a few hiccups but the novelty is wearing off in terms of trying things out.

Obviously, there will always be new things coming out and I will buy or try etc... but I got the phone on 11/24 and I have finally slowed down on installing etc.... didnt try the root yet not sure i will.

So here is where I eneded up and I have tried a million apps. I have 37 in total.

Here are the top ten ranked (actually top 12 with a couple of ties and then rest....

(1) i music
(2) streamfurious / tv.com (tie for 2nd)
(3) Astro / Estrong file explorer (tie for 3rd)
(4) more icon widgets
(5) Touchdown
(6) Advanced Task Killer
(7) Moto Torch
(8) Talktome keyboard
(9) Weather Bug
(10) Ringdroid

Astrid
Beautiful widgets
SD Mount
Note Everything
barcode scanner
Nesoid
Gearoid
Real Calc
Shopsavvy
Screens
iheart
Big Oven
google googles
S2 calendar widget
Picsay
Docs 2 go full
google voice
Internal memory widget
Places
Pro Zoom Camera 5x
Shazam
Battery Life
Snap Tell
tv.com
Download Crutch
Pandora

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not what you think though. I LOVE the Droid!

I am done basically to the point where I have the phone exactly where I need it and want it to be. Minus a few hiccups but the novelty is wearing off in terms of trying things out.

Obviously, there will always be new things coming out and I will buy or try etc... but I got the phone on 11/24 and I have finally slowed down on installing etc.... didnt try the root yet not sure i will.

So here is where I eneded up and I have tried a million apps. I have 37 in total.

Here are the top ten ranked (actually top 12 with a couple of ties and then rest....

(1) i music
(2) streamfurious / tv.com (tie for 2nd)
(3) Astro / Estrong file explorer (tie for 3rd)
(4) more icon widgets
(5) Touchdown
(6) Advanced Task Killer
(7) Moto Torch
(8) Talktome keyboard
(9) Weather Bug
(10) Ringdroid

Astrid
Beautiful widgets
SD Mount
Note Everything
barcode scanner
Nesoid
Gearoid
Real Calc
Shopsavvy
Screens
iheart
Big Oven
google googles
S2 calendar widget
Picsay
Docs 2 go full
google voice
Internal memory widget
Places
Pro Zoom Camera 5x
Shazam
Battery Life
Snap Tell
tv.com
Download Crutch
Pandora

I am glad to hear you are just about where you want to be. I still play with mine at times, but like you have settled on my favorite apps and what I need it to do.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah now we wait till new every two runs out and or we cannot wait till new every two runs out and we blow some money on the next thing LOL.

Honestly without this forum I would still be lost in the woods. So thanks!!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Nice, doubt I will every be able to do that...lol

Million

Reaction score
Hehe one day I'll be there, I got this thing a month ago I'm STILL learning and I'm on this thing A LOT.

But that's a ton of apps! I'll have to look some of them up later

OP
S
Reaction score
Nice, doubt I will every be able to do that...lol

Well not done.......... just S L O W E D down trying it all out day in and day out lol.

Hehe one day I'll be there, I got this thing a month ago I'm STILL learning and I'm on this thing A LOT.

But that's a ton of apps! I'll have to look some of them up later

Check em out there good :)
I was up the first week every night till 4am I couldnt and still cant put it down. My wife is still pissed at me lol.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
sillyrabbit, did you root, and customize and back up every ROM to your liking? if not, you have much to do sir :)

OP
S
Reaction score
sillyrabbit, did you root, and customize and back up every ROM to your liking? if not, you have much to do sir :)

hehehe
i didnt i am puss boy! nervous to root but intrigued just the same so if i do root i know it will open a whole new world lol!!!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

hehehe
i didnt i am puss boy! nervous to root but intrigued just the same so if i do root i know it will open a whole new world lol!!!

it's only the beginning, and the process is so simple, it is tough not to root. if you do a little research, and understand each command that you are copying and pasting from the forums here (and over at alldroid), you will find out that it is very difficult to 100% brick a phone while rooting and performing other basic modifications.

anyway, rooting still may void your warranty if you indeed fudge your device to oblivion, and a smart VZ tech may call you out on it :icon_eek:

coolkidd

Reaction score
I am actually where you are as well.... Although I am still waiting on an app where I can fax using my Droid and an app for slingplayer....

Those two are just the things I am waiting.

OP
S
Reaction score
those both sound great!

i guess it would be nice to print from the droid. i think i read you can but didnt go looking too deep for it.

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
Printer Share allows you to print emails, text and several other options.

Had mine since 11/6 and about two weeks ago I slowed down. That is until I discovered BetterCut. Now I search the web for better icons and the possibility of creating my own. Changing the background almost daily. My Droid has taken over my life! HELP!