I take it you cannot get videos (TV, Movies) on the droid easily yet?

zinny0753

Reaction score
Double Twist does not seem to have them. Any other places? I wish we could use iTunes.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Do a search many people are using itunes....

I just copy any songs, movies, shows that I want on it....

Reaction score
Convert Video.
Attach Phone through USB.
Drag and Drop.
Disconnect USB.
Play Video.

:)

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have all kinds of movies and music video's on my droid is super easy to do.... been doing it since the day i got my droid back on release day.

i use a program called handbrake to convert my video's. it has a preset for the iphone that seems to work perfectly with the droid.

i think theres a windows version of handbrake too. and its free

FireDroid

Reaction score
What codecs does the droid support native? I have the Itunes agaent and tried to download a digital copy from Itunes to my droid and it transfered but it would not play it on the droid.

D

dvdcatalyst

What codecs does the droid support native? I have the Itunes agaent and tried to download a digital copy from Itunes to my droid and it transfered but it would not play it on the droid.

Codec is not the issue, its the DRM of the "Digital Copy" (or other iTunes-purchased or activated files.)

Do a search for "Digital Copy" on these forums for more info.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have the Itunes agaent and tried to download a digital copy from Itunes to my droid and it transfered but it would not play it on the droid.

Digital copies will not play on the Driod. Period.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Thanks, guys, I guys I will have to learn how to rip dvd's. I have all Blu Ray. I guess that is one thing the Iphone/touch has over the droid, the ease of using the digital copy that is supplied with the movie. Good thing I have a Touch! It is an over priced video player now! lol

D

dvdcatalyst

Tunebite will remove the DRM so that you can play your iTunes media on your Droid.

Thank you for mentioning this. I'm aware of quite a few over-priced recording apps that do not really work that well, but did not know about Tunebite. I had a look on their site, and based on it's specifications (and the lack of typo's on the website,. which is a dead give-away on the other apps) it does look like it will do a better job.

While it's still a dubbing-application, it offers enough tricks to actually be able to produce high quality files.

miltk

Reaction score
droid plays mp4.

i don't understand what you mean. one thing i can do is download youtube vids as mp4 and play them on the droid. i use a program on my desktop and then transfer the files.

Reaction score
droid plays mp4.

i don't understand what you mean. one thing i can do is download youtube vids as mp4 and play them on the droid. i use a program on my desktop and then transfer the files.

What do you use replay AV? or something like that?

thanks

mjs31

Reaction score
Thanks, guys, I guys I will have to learn how to rip dvd's. I have all Blu Ray. I guess that is one thing the Iphone/touch has over the droid, the ease of using the digital copy that is supplied with the movie. Good thing I have a Touch! It is an over priced video player now! lol

Thats about it in my book, but you are correct. A lot of those little media files they provide with movies are made for the Iphone/Touch. Other than that, there is nothing really easy about putting movies on an Iphone. For the Droid it is just a matter of converting it to MP4 and dragging it onto the device from your computer. I have 8 movies and several TV programs on my droid right now without having to use Itunes.