I tag/Moto Music Player

quizza616

Reaction score
I have been using Music Junk and Imusic for months now. Absolutely loved both except for the id3 tags that some of these song had were ridiculous. Drove me absolutely crazy as I need to have things organized. I also recently swapped my droid for a droid two and realized it had a file management system which i then started moving all of my songs into the music folder from the designated music junk and imusic folders. i also started renaming the songs in the standard (artist-song title.mp3) format. i then found out the I tag app would be able to do what i was looking for but apparently too late for me. I cannot rename the id3 tags or even play the songs anymore in any music players after i renamed and moved everything. Since i did not change the extension, im stumped on why nothing is working now. All of the songs had diffrent ways on how they were named before i started adjusting them and so there is no way for me to rename them in there original stae. Although i moved the files to the music folder, the Itag app shows the songs path as the original(sd card/music junk). Please help me fix this

OP
Q

quizza616

Reaction score
Hey nvm it actually fixed itself. Thanks anyway

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Hey nvm it actually fixed itself. Thanks anyway

I don't know if this is true but here's my speculation on why.

I think Android has a music library it keeps and any music app accesses. The links in the library had to be updated in order for the renamed songs to be found. If you rebooted I suspect this was done in the background.

But I could be completely wrong.

OP
Q

quizza616

Reaction score
Yup I had put all my songs in the main music player folder. It seems it did have to update but rebooting did not do it as before I posted the question, I rebooted a few times. I guess patience was the answer haha