I (sometimes) HATE technology!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is really just a little story, and if you have any ideas to help me out let me know, please... haha.

So I woke up early this morning and decided to port my Luna Theme over to the new Sapphire ROM. I finished JUST in time to go to work so I tossed the Theme zip, Sapphire zip, and Google Apps zip on my SD card and renamed the ROM to update.zip...

Right when I got to work I went into recovery and wiped my Droid clean and installed Sapphire. Now I am booted up and everything works great, but I need to change the Google Apps to 'update.zip' to install it, but I can't get into my card at all. I have no file explorer and no market (hence no google apps yet) and I don't know what to do.

I had the idea to bluetooth my Droid to my one office computer to change it. It paired, but then after opening 'my computer' the computer just flat out died. It's a real old crappy PC here. But it just flat lined and is on the blank desktop now (been for about 15 mins). So I then thought I will just put the micro SD in the card reader we have here! Well I tried on one PC and it wouldn't find my card?! Then I put it in the last 3/3 computer and nothing... It must be broken?

Damn you technology! What else?.... Any ideas?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nothing like going into the office and starting the day off with a couple hours of not working. Your manager would be proud.

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nothing like going into the office and starting the day off with a couple hours of not working. Your manager would be proud.

Haha well it's me and my boss that work here, thats it. Plus I surely HAVE been working the whole time while also trying to find out how to just change my SD file. Yes though, I am being sneaky trying not to let him know I am multitasking...

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just curious. How does your employer react to spending your day working on your phone? :)

Edit: I see someone else had the same question.

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hold on i'll give you the apk for astro :D

Cakes, you never fail to rescue. Still if I download the APK, could I then just click it to install since I don't have a file manager?

jsh1120 - Haha as I have said, I am working a lot and doing this at the same time. It's a really chill job here so nothing crazy. I have done worse at work... Haha.

JCo352

Reaction score
Hold on i'll give you the apk for astro :D

Cakes, you never fail to rescue. Still if I download the APK, could I then just click it to install since I don't have a file manager?

jsh1120 - Haha as I have said, I am working a lot and doing this at the same time. It's a really chill job here so nothing crazy. I have done worse at work... Haha.

I was thinking that you wouldn't be able to install it since you don't have a file manager, but maybe if she sends it to your Gmail, it'll work.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
got usb cord for phone? if so nstall motoroal drivers (if allowed0 and can access that way.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well i keep getting a fail. Gimmie a few and i'll find a link or something for ya :D Yes you should be able to click it and the built in installer will do its thing.

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Naa, I am at work so I don't have my USB cord. I wish. I am looking in the browser now for a Astro APK download, however the one said in permissions while installing that it needs full internet access and I wasn't sure if the real app does, so I got paranoid and quit... haha.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
com.metago.astro-2.apk - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

Ok after it dl's go into downloads via your browser then click on it and you'll get an option to install.

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Excellent... thank you all so much. Problem solved, Sapphire Luna themed!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's always a pleasure to help someone like you iccu :D