I SIM unlocked three D2Gs today, all on the same phone line

r314bd

Reaction score
Bought 3 yesterday...1 for myself, 2 for cousins I'm visiting in another country who wanted me to bring them unlocked. Called up VZW today and unlocked mine

Temporarily activated the next one, called back and they unlocked that one. Same with the third. No hassle on any of the three calls.

Talk about luck :p

leobg

Reaction score
Indeed! I guess reps simply don't bother to mark it on the account (why waste time typing notes..).
Well - the 60 day rule and the good standing account still stays - right? For "hit and runners" like us who do not even live in the States, purchase of an unlock code remains the only option I guess. Good it is not anymore expensive than unlocking any other GSM phone.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
For "hit and runners" like us who do not even live in the States, purchase of an unlock code remains the only option I guess. Good it is not anymore expensive than unlocking any other GSM phone.
True...I know in the first couple days after the phone came out there was only one seller on eBay offering the unlock codes for $50 each :eek:

Last I checked there are now a few offering the codes for $10...and I'm sure it'll come down even further soon

leobg

Reaction score
Yup.. and I was ready to pay up the $50 bucks if there was no other option. Actually that ebay seller was the "tipping point" after which I decided I am getting Droid 2 Global to replace my Milestone.