i should be getting my Nexus today and i have a question..

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I like the question and I did not read a single response (which I see are many).

The fact that you asked the question leads me to believe you WILL root. And since this is so... you will not last long on stock. You will probably end up like me where I was stock for about 3 days just to get used to it.

No need to worry about the trial period since you can always return to stock at any moment if you need to. I would just stay at stock long enough to get used to ICS and to determine if you are going to keep the phone. Other than that..... root here you come!

P.S. Any questions or help that you may need is readily available! Good luck and have fun!

Oh I'm definitely rooting this phone..I'm on day 2 and I'm going crazy with it just in stock..I just wanna get used to ICS..and besides the bad battery life which I hope rooting and flashing a custom ROM will help..this phone is a keeper..
And thanks for wanting to answer any future questions that I might have..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

codye91

Reaction score
That's the thing. This baby is chomping on some battery today. Of course, this is the first day on a full charge. I'm wondering if it will get better or if I will be getting the extended battery. I have an otter box on the way so I have to make sure I get the right extended battery that will fit with the defender on it.

captdroid

Reaction score
That's the thing. This baby is chomping on some battery today. Of course, this is the first day on a full charge. I'm wondering if it will get better or if I will be getting the extended battery. I have an otter box on the way so I have to make sure I get the right extended battery that will fit with the defender on it.

IMO it's worth getting the extended battery even if adding just a bit to your run time. I have definitely noticed improving battery life over time.

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
IMO it's worth getting the extended battery even if adding just a bit to your run time. I have definitely noticed improving battery life over time.
Is it worth $50? Cuz that's how much Verizon wanted to charge me for it..

Kias

Reaction score
Oh I'm definitely rooting this phone..I'm on day 2 and I'm going crazy with it just in stock..I just wanna get used to ICS..and besides the bad battery life which I hope rooting and flashing a custom ROM will help..this phone is a keeper..
And thanks for wanting to answer any future questions that I might have..

Is the deed done?

With my og droid, I think I waited a couple months before rooting it. With this phone, I waited about 10 hours. 6 of which I was asleep.

Badbird2000

Reaction score
Hopefully putting away my original Droid tomorrow for a Nexus. Had the Droid for two years all stock..a little long in the tooth now. Can't wait to get my hands on the Nexus. Will wait and see how battery life is..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Is the deed done?

With my og droid, I think I waited a couple months before rooting it. With this phone, I waited about 10 hours. 6 of which I was asleep.

nope not yet..LoL..

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Hopefully putting away my original Droid tomorrow for a Nexus. Had the Droid for two years all stock..a little long in the tooth now. Can't wait to get my hands on the Nexus. Will wait and see how battery life is..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

The phone itself is very nice..but expect no more than 3.5 hrs on your first day..

Losman

Reaction score
I have a question can I get a used Nexus without a contract and breaking the bank?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

arirang

Reaction score
when i get my Nexus today..should i use it stock for the trial period before i root it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Yes. Then you have a baseline of expectation if/when you root and flash.

My wife now has my rooted OG Droid running Project Elite Froyo. I'm gonna let Google be my ROM developer on this one, then flash when it inevitably reaches end of life.