i should be getting my Nexus today and i have a question..

Reaction score
when i get my Nexus today..should i use it stock for the trial period before i root it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You're probably going to get a number of mixed opinions and ultimately you have to remember the choice is yours. But I always run a phone stock when I first get it with the intent of making sure there are no major issues with it and to see how it is. That way if there is something wrong or I am not happy with it I don't have to go through the unrooting/relocking process.

LaGgY_42o

Reaction score
Verify everything works good then root and rom it, u can always use Odin to restore it back to 100% stock using the Google provided stock rom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
You're probably going to get a number of mixed opinions and ultimately you have to remember the choice is yours. But I always run a phone stock when I first get it with the intent of making sure there are no major issues with it and to see how it is. That way if there is something wrong or I am not happy with it I don't have to go through the unrooting/relocking process.

thats all i wanted to hear..thanks JSM..btw your all over these forums huh..LoL...

droidhayabusa

Reaction score
+1, my exact thoughts. Be aware that when u do unlock you will wipe EVERYTHING (pics and music included), so although it makes perfect sense to do it as soon as u get the phone (before u have any pics or music), I would still agree with the above and wait it out. Hope u luv the new phone, brutha (or sista if applicable)!

LaGgY_42o

Reaction score
oh yea, if u do rom it be sure to try the 240 dpi mod (lcd density changer app on market) and brm launcher, I have it on mine ands its the way the phone should have shipped!

droidhayabusa

Reaction score

THIS is what I intended to +1.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
thats all i wanted to hear..thanks JSM..btw your all over these forums huh..LoL...

Yeah I get around lol. I am also on our Gnex site :biggrin:

And as mentioned by droidhayabusa, it will wipe your phone completely so keep that in mind.

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
+1, my exact thoughts. Be aware that when u do unlock you will wipe EVERYTHING (pics and music included), so although it makes perfect sense to do it as soon as u get the phone (before u have any pics or music), I would still agree with the above and wait it out. Hope u luv the new phone, brutha (or sista if applicable)!

yeah i kinda figured i would lose everything..im just gonna wait to root it..if i can hold myself back..lets see how it goes for the first few days..and i cant wait to get this damn toy already..just waiting on my lazy girlfriend to get out of bed so we can go do this already..btw im a dude..LoL..

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Yeah I get around lol. I am also on our Gnex site :biggrin:

And as mentioned by droidhayabusa, it will wipe your phone completely so keep that in mind.

thats cool man..good to have helpful people like you on these forums..and boy do i learn alot of things from all you guys..

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
oh yea, if u do rom it be sure to try the 240 dpi mod (lcd density changer app on market) and brm launcher, I have it on mine ands its the way the phone should have shipped!

now what should these apps do exactly?

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Verify everything works good then root and rom it, u can always use Odin to restore it back to 100% stock using the Google provided stock rom.

if everything works good on the first day there shouldnt be any reason for it to go bad on its own the 2nd day righ?..i just dont wanna run into one of those bad Nexuses out there that needs to be returned..im getting this phone with the intention of it working perfect with no issues the first time as well as keeping it..even after reading about the possible issues i could run into with the Nexus and i still want it..my heart is definitely in it for that phone..i cant wait to have it my possession..LoL

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
thats cool man..good to have helpful people like you on these forums..and boy do i learn alot of things from all you guys..

Wow thank you, that's very nice of you to say. We just love doing it and comments like that make it all worth it.

Sorry to get so sappy there :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Wow thank you, that's very nice of you to say. We just love doing it and comments like that make it all worth it.

Sorry to get so sappy there :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

no problem..its all love dude..LoL

codye91

Reaction score
I'm at this point too and I posted about it last night. I'm going to get my nexus in a couple hours, but I'm definitely going to be sitting on stock for a week or so to make sure my device doesn't need to be replaced for any technical reasons. After that, it's root time!