I seem to have messed up my partitions, any ideas?

reflex99

Reaction score
So somewhere along the line, I ended up with only ~10GB of useable space. (see pictures)

Since it is a 16GB phone, I am sorta wondering where the other 6GB went. It seems like just enough for another two partitions (which i had set up at one point, but not anymore)

I am on Safestrap 3.05, and the JB leak from a few months back. I seem to remember that there used to be a way to delete other partitions in safestrap, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Thanks for any help.

or is this how it is supposed to be, and I am just losing my mind?

View attachment 60765View attachment 60766

Last edited:

kijutsu

Reaction score
So somewhere along the line, I ended up with only ~10GB of useable space. (see pictures)

Since it is a 16GB phone, I am sorta wondering where the other 6GB went. It seems like just enough for another two partitions (which i had set up at one point, but not anymore)

I am on Safestrap 3.05, and the JB leak from a few months back. I seem to remember that there used to be a way to delete other partitions in safestrap, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Thanks for any help.

or is this how it is supposed to be, and I am just losing my mind?

View attachment 60765View attachment 60766

Even though the Razr's are 16 GB phones, the user only has 8 gig available. Motorola/Google claims the first 8 gig for system software and all the crap they stuff into the phone. That goes for any 16GB razr. Also, SafeStrap files are NOT listed on that screen for some reason, but it will deduct from 'available space'. Safestrap doesn't actually modify the partitions themselves, it just creates .img files inside the existing partitions and tells the software/romslot of choice whether to use the 'real' partition or the .img file inside the partition.

easiest break down is this

|-SYSTEM-SOFTWARE-|USER-DATA|-INTERNAL-SD-CARD------| TOTAL SOFTWARE
|-Approx-5.5GB--------|App-2.5gb|-approximately-8gb--------| TOTAL SPACE

Last edited: