i screwed uppppppp.....HELLPPPP

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by FdroidF, Feb 23, 2010.

1. FdroidF

FdroidF New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I tried rooting and installing the 2.1 update...the rooting went fine I think I did all the things it told me to do on a youtube video but I kinda screwed up wen I was tryin to install the 2.1 update is there anyway some1 can help or if any1 can tell me how to go back to factory settings so I can start from scratch plzzzzzz helpppp meeeeee

2. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

Ratings:
    +0
    Whoa Whoa, It isnt my my youtube video is it? (Professional How to Root your motorolla droid??)

Your should be fine just do a nandroid backup. Find any rom with a nandroid backup Like Bugless beast) go on your phones sd chip. make a folder called nandroid. (if it isnt already there) after downloading the nandroid backup of the rom your gonna put those files in the nadroid folder on your droid. Reboot to recovery mode. (i hope you have sprecovery) Go to whipe data cahe. then go to advanced randroid backup. you should see the files you just but in that folder. Press that and do an advanced nadroid recovery. Reboot the phone and you should be okay. Im making a video on how to do this in a couple days....

3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Do you have sprecovery installed? Was that part of your instructions from the video?

MM1 is right, this will be easy to recover from.

4. hydrogenman

hydrogenman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Install droidmod apk and go from there...easy as pie

5. FdroidF

FdroidF New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    YouTube - How to root and install android 2.1 on droid - part 1 that's the youtube video that I watched and right at the end he left me hangin after u reboot the droid and it brings you to that recovery mode screen and so I pressed a couple things to see what I could do...shouldn't of done that but then I started on step 8 of the forum on here called how to install 2.1: the easy way redone with 2.1 ROM and once I finished all that my just got delete except all the folders I put on the phone...if u can help that would be great

6. NoKz

NoKz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Watch this video instead:

And Payne's steps here will get you functional again.

7. FdroidF

FdroidF New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So this video is gonna help me get the 2.1 update even the I screwed up the first time

8. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You didn't watch the video all the way through before starting the process?

9. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Don't panic! If you want to return to stock try this (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/13466-how-back-stock-no-su-no-busybox-etc.html)

Otherwise, follow the steps on Mr Payne's video I suggest watching the entire video before you try to recover.

Mike