I screwed up BIG TIME.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Perhaps. I'll look into it when I have more time. I just read that first line and was like: "oh... oh no."

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
L

locomotive96

Reaction score
Perhaps. I'll look into it when I have more time. I just read that first line and was like: "oh... oh no."

Yeah it's a gonner. Lol. In my frustration and stupidity I accidentally restored to a backup of ICS. :/ Great. But at least it not my real phone yet. Just got it yesterday as a gift from a friend.

GigaJake

Reaction score
I can dedicate some time if we want to try and troubleshoot this bad boy.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Yeah it's a gonner. Lol. In my frustration and stupidity I accidentally restored to a backup of ICS. :/ Great. But at least it not my real phone yet. Just got it yesterday as a gift from a friend.

If you restored in safestrap, it should be restored in a rom slot and your stock rom should still be untouched. I have a feeling you're doing all this stuff with safestrap on the safeside.

OP
L

locomotive96

Reaction score
If you restored in safestrap, it should be restored in a rom slot and your stock rom should still be untouched. I have a feeling you're doing all this stuff with safestrap on the safeside.

That's what I'm trying to tell you it was on the system slot/partition. It was a very stupid move I know.

OP
L

locomotive96

Reaction score
I can dedicate some time if we want to try and troubleshoot this bad boy.

I'm up for trying anything I can. Just please bear in mind that I am 16 and a Junior in High School so time is sorta of an issue. But I have been building computers since I was 11. Its just been about 10 months or so since I last was playing around with my D2G. I got this D4 and wow everything is so different. :)

OP
L

locomotive96

Reaction score
Ok, when you go into the safestrap boot menu are you able to go to the stock(unsafe) system?
Thats what it is bricked in. It really didn't like trying to restore an ICS backup to it. And trying to install custom roms fail to boot.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I think your situation is salvageable, but I'm about to meet some people for dinner. We just need you to be clear about things because it has been a little confusing.

If you can switch to your unsafe system then things can be fixed.

OP
L

locomotive96

Reaction score
I think your situation is salvageable, but I'm about to meet some people for dinner. We just need you to be clear about things because it has been a little confusing.

If you can switch to your unsafe system then things can be fixed.
I am stuck in the unsafe system unfortunately. And I will try to be more clear, sorry about that.

GigaJake

Reaction score
I guess I misread the situation if you are able to get your system to boot at all. So you tried to fastboot back to ICS and that failed for obvious reasons, but you can still access safestrap?

Try flashing this to your stock system:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=239898

It's a stock JB OTA rom, just deodexed. If you've already applied the update, this should be compatible with the jb kernel.

Additionally, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, if you're able to boot into that rom, try uninstalling safestrap and applying the official update. Updates are able to be applied on top of themselves. Assuming that the fact that the rom is deodexed doesn't make you fail the update, you should have things about cleared up.

OP
L

locomotive96

Reaction score
I guess I misread the situation if you are able to get your system to boot at all. So you tried to fastboot back to ICS and that failed for obvious reasons, but you can still access safestrap?

Try flashing this to your stock system:
[ROM] D4 stock De-Odexed JB 98.72.18

It's a stock JB OTA rom, just deodexed. If you've already applied the update, this should be compatible with the jb kernel.

Additionally, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, if you're able to boot into that rom, try uninstalling safestrap and applying the official update. Updates are able to be applied on top of themselves. Assuming that the fact that the rom is deodexed doesn't make you fail the update, you should have things about cleared up.

That zip installs but when I try to reboot it says that there is no OS installed. I will try redownloading when I get home. The zip I tried is one I downloaded yesterday.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Before you keep flashing stuff which may screw things up even more, we need to know exactly what you've done.

Did you apply the JB update?
Did you try to sbf ICS? If so, was that after applying the JB update?
Are you still on ICS and tried SBF and it failed?
Etc. Etc.

OP
L

locomotive96

Reaction score
Before you keep flashing stuff which may screw things up even more, we need to know exactly what you've done.

Did you apply the JB update?
Did you try to sbf ICS? If so, was that after applying the JB update?
Are you still on ICS and tried SBF and it failed?
Etc. Etc.
I have applied the JB update. I have not messed with it yesterday or today.
I tried to SBF ICS, which was after applying the JB update.
As far as I know, the kernal is on JB, but after I accidentally restored an ICS backup; I am not exactly sure what it tries to boot into at this point.