I screwed up BIG TIME.

locomotive96

Reaction score
Ok, just entering the Android world again from my previous D2G. I had updated to JB yesterday and couldn't get Safestrap to make a Data.img. So I decided to SBF back to ICS using the Fastboot files on (Droid-Developers SBF) following the instructions by kenji9. However RSD Lite fails on 6/17 Failed flashing process. 6/17 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL. Could someone please help? I am using an official Motorola cable. Thanks in advance!

OP
L

locomotive96

Reaction score
I googled cdt.bin failures on the Razr and almost everyone's problem stemmed from using the wrong sbf file.

What is the complete name of the file you're using?

Download the last one on the list here Droid-Developers SBF
The one for 4.0.4? I have it; here is the name:
VRZ_XT894_6.7.2-180_DR4-16_M2-37_1FF.xml
This is after I unzipped it.

OP
L

locomotive96

Reaction score
I googled cdt.bin failures on the Razr and almost everyone's problem stemmed from using the wrong sbf file.

What is the complete name of the file you're using?

Download the last one on the list here Droid-Developers SBF
Ok, found out why my root stuff is not working. I have it backed up through OTA Rootkeeper, but I cannot find a way to install it to gain root access after jb update. I believe this should fix all probs that I am having except for sbf which I won't need if I can get Root Access.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
The one for 4.0.4? I have it; here is the name:
VRZ_XT894_6.7.2-180_DR4-16_M2-37_1FF.xml
This is after I unzipped it.

That's the one, don't unzip it though becuse rsd will unzip it for you.

Ok, found out why my root stuff is not working. I have it backed up through OTA RDon't worrykeeper, but I cannot find a way to install it to gain root access after jb update. I believe this should fix all probs that I am having except for sbf which I won't need if I can get Root Access.

Dont worry about retaining root, the Razr Blade root exploit works on the Droid4.

OP
L

locomotive96

Reaction score
That's the one, don't unzip it though becuse rsd will unzip it for you.

Dont worry about retaining root, the Razr Blade root exploit works on the Droid4.
Ok, I will try not unzipping it. :hail:

Last edited:
OP
L

locomotive96

Reaction score
Dev-Host - razr_blade.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Download and unzip it.
Make sure your phone is on usb debugging.
Phone must be booted into JB.
Connect it to your computer.
Run it and follow the instructions.
Ok, will do thanks so much!!! :biggrin:
Edit: Still failed SBF but I can get past the
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
by holding power, and both volume buttons and normal boot. Root works fine. Is there anyway to stop it from booting into fastboot every time? Or is it something to do with the locked Bootloader?

Last edited:
OP
L

locomotive96

Reaction score
Did sbf work?
Still failed SBF I have even messed up more and restored a backup through SS and now it comes up to a black screen lol. So now I have to find a way to SBF.
Btw: You're name is epic lol. BNSF FTW.

Last edited:

GigaJake

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong... you said you upgraded to Jellybean... I was under the impression based of when people tried to downgrade from ics to gingerbead that trying to sbf down, would result in a permanent brick.

Locked bootloaders mean we can't touch some of the stuff fastbooting touches. I hate to be the grim reaper here, but without time to do some research, your phone is a goner.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
First, you should go into the safestrap boot menu and switch to the stock (unsafe) system. Once you're there, go into the safestrap app and uninstall recovery. Then uninstall the safestrap app. Then go into the settings menu and wipe internal sd card. Then boot into the stock bootloader and choose factory reset. Then reboot into recovery again and choose fastboot and start the sbf process. If all goes well then download and place theJB update file on your sd card, then go into recovery and choose the JB file and flash it.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong... you said you upgraded to Jellybean... I was under the impression based of when people tried to downgrade from ics to gingerbead that trying to sbf down, would result in a permanent brick.

Locked bootloaders mean we can't touch some of the stuff fastbooting touches. I hate to be the grim reaper here, but without time to do some research, your phone is a goner.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

For his sake I hope he misspoke when he said he had the JB update. If he is on JB then his only hope now is to reflash JB.

Maybethe person who made the Droid4 utility can update it so it works similar to the way it did when we were jumping from leak to leak a few months go. From what I recall it would flash the ICS kernel and then everything else of GB and from there the ICS update would work.