1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I rooted my Moto Droid after most recent update, now i cannot get android market.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by anuhmull, May 4, 2010.

1. anuhmull

anuhmull New Member

Last night i decided to root my up to date android phone.
    It didnt take long and all was going well untill i was completed
    i decided to install the cyanogenmod-5.0.6.2 and after the installation i was stuck on the reboot step, on the droid splash screen
    so i rebooted by taking out my battery and holding "x" while starting it and did factory reset
    , afterwards i had nothing and could not sync my droid with my gmail account.
    I dont have gmail app or android market app so that is why i am here.
    I have found no solutions to this and am really hoping somebody here can help me,
    Thanks in advance!

additional info:
    cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2
    firmware:
  2. gavron

gavron Guest

1. nandroid boot (hold down X while power)
    2. wipe /DATA and /CACHE
    3. adb shell ... format /SYSTEM:

4. Redo ROM update.

You'll be fine.

E
  3. virtualhuman

virtualhuman New Member

Cyanogen packages Google apps separately from the rest of the ROM. You need to select that to install as well.
  4. anuhmull

anuhmull New Member

Thanks!
    I did not realize that this menu could be accessed so easily.
    i think i have this all figured out now.:icon_ banana:
  5. budmonster

budmonster Guest

I was on Cyanogen. Wasn't feeling it...

I went into Rom Manager & downloaded the "Verizon Droid 2.1 Stock" option, then went ahead, wiped and flashed. Do i need to remove any left over apps from CM. When I go to MENU > MANAGER APPLICATIONS, I see "Google Apps" in the list, doesn't that need to be removed since I'm not on CM anymore? I'm just curious b/c I'm having some issues with the Market, Downloads aren't showing up and its just slow. Also, somehow I was able to uninstall the Market using Astro Manager. It seems like I had to Markets installed.
Search tags for this page

error code 6