I rooted it, so now what? Lol

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Nickdroid2.2, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Nickdroid2.2

Nickdroid2.2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just rooted my motodroid using z4root. So now what? I was expecting it to be some magical transformation, but alas I have no idea what to do now. Lol any advice would be appreciated. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, using a proper method and getting a custom recovery would be my first suggestion. I'd post the link but i'm on my phone. Maybe somione else can post motocache's guide?

Sent from my Droid 1 using Tapatalk

3. tat2junior

tat2junior New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check the link in my sig.

4. thebamaboy787

thebamaboy787 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can download rom manager from the market then flash clockwork mod witch is in rommanager. Do you need instructions on how to do so?

5. FranklinWalker

Ratings:
    +0
    so now you'd check the manual

6. Nickdroid2.2

Nickdroid2.2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, have no clue what any of the above means lol

7. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Which is why you should do some reading...

Check the first 2 links in my signature.

:eek:

8. Nickdroid2.2

Nickdroid2.2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know I need to do some reading, which what I was looking for was direction I guess. I'm just pretty new to android and obviously very new to all things rooted.

9. rod

rod Member

Ratings:
    +2
    the most common changes are custom rom installations and overclocking. check out some of the custom roms here:

Custom Roms - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

find one you like and follow the directions laid out by the dev. you do run the risk of messing up your phone if done wrong. i researched for weeks before i dove into it. now, ive lost track of how many roms ive gone through.

second, look into overclocking the processor. itll speed up the phone and its a definite improvement. id suggest purchasing setcpu from the market (youll also have to either find a rom that includes overclocking or flash a kernel to overclock). use the profiles also to safeguard against overheating. again, you run the risk of screwing up your phone by modifying the settings, but i dont regret it one bit.

other things you can enjoy now that youre rooted?

wifi tether. its included in most custom roms, or you can find it in the market. itll turn your droid into a mobile wifi hotspot for use with a laptop or tablet. its also important to note that its generally known that tethering is against verizon terms of service.... so yeah.

spare parts: this is another app you can dl straight from the market. itll do simple things like speeding up certain animations the phone does.

my most important piece of advice is to research. do your homework. ive scared myself a few times, thinking i had broken my phone. i had to actually find the software verizon uses to push the original software back onto the phone once because i screwed it up so badly. so do all of this at your own risk. dont think that just because theres a one click option to rooting your phone, theres a one click option to fixing a boot-looping phone. just go slow, be careful, and enjoy.

ps, in no way am i tech savvy. but ive managed to customize the heck out of my droid. and after 12 months of using this phone, im still not interested in trading it in.

#9 rod, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
Search tags for this page

how to speed up rooted samsung transform