I rode the lighting...got burned.

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by vg1004, Jun 12, 2011.

1. vg1004

vg1004 New Member

For those of you frustrated with your TB I can understand. When VZW got the DINC I didnt feel left behind anymore. I beat that phone, dropped it in the water, rooted it, loved it...then the TB came and I had to have it. Mostly for the screen size and slightly better performance. I am from Maine and I wasnt counting on LTE for a while.
    So the love affair started and once the honeymoon was over...you get the drift.

So I complained and got a new TB, same problems, complained some more and got the Charge.

What I most feared was loosing SenseUI. But the following tweaks gives me a phone that I love just as much as my TB but without the probs.

Launcher Pro Plus, Dialer One, Flashlight.

Short list I know but these make it comparable to my experience with Sense. I still havent found a Weather/Clock widget I like yet though.

So here is my over all experiences so far.

Pros:
    Screen as you know is amazing, I can actually see it outside. Battery is a lot better. GPS and Nav work much faster, swype and the stock keyboard i really like, screen rotation is super fast.

Cons:
    No data while on a call (this sucks),hard buttons, speaker performance but the TB wasnt that great, photos seem a little grainy(havent taken a lot), no kick stand but my case has one, very light in a way that doesnt allow you to cradle so your thumb cramps?? No FM radio.

Overall I am very happy with the phone and dont feel I traded down. I use the phone for my business and rely on it primarily for calls, maps, nav, gmail, calendar. I think HTC can build better phones than it did with the TB but for me the Charge is reliable and consistent, for now lol.

When HTC makes another phone with a 4.3" (5" and I will love them forever) screen or larger I will likely buy it. The HTC feels like a better built phone they just need to work out the bugs first.
  2. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Try fancy widget. It resembles sense clock.

Sent from my fascinate
  3. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

beautiful widgets is identical.