I regret buying the bionic

bigmook

Reaction score
I do not have even one of those problems. I have been nothing but happy with my bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Mamba94

Reaction score
I have only recently (within the last week) started having connectivity issues, hopefully the patch in November will fix it. Other than that I love the phone, the phone is fast, 4g is fast, & I even like the new blur.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
I am using my 4g as a hot spot watching Netflix on my TV and reading forums with no interruption. Dallas, TX has great 4g connection and out of the entire line up of Droids beside Samsung I have owned on Verizon and Bionic is by far the best. My opinion

Sent from my Rooted Droid Bionic

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I think it's interesting how in many instances, even mine, the phone worked great at first but over time slowly started to lose data more and more often (which it has done much LESS lately btw). This has to say something? Maybe it's not really the phone's fault, just some crappy internal process being bogged down or something...

Just find it interesting, I wonder what the common denominator(s) might be...

segen77

Reaction score
It's a shame that you didn't read more here (Droid Forums) about those issues. They are all solvable except the connectivity issue and it is reported that the November update will fix that.

I've been pretty happy with my bionic (coming from a D1) but I have seen some of the issues. If you have links to how to resolve the not enough space issue, or the apps disappearing that would be great. My solution when it does happen is to just try to reinstall (and that usually works)

thanks again.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I'm disappointed that the Bionic is not gonna be king of the hill when the RAZR and other phones come out. Atleast the X was for awhile.

Boot Manager

The X was never King of anything. Its absolute garbage. Prob one of the worst Android phones made.

Bionic is a great phone. Haven't had any deal breaking issues with it like you OP. Hold out till the November update. Should fix all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
The X was never King of anything. Its absolute garbage. Prob one of the worst Android phones made. ^^^^^^^

Bionic is a great phone. Haven't had any deal breaking issues with it like you OP. Hold out till the November update. Should fix all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Lol....really?? Lol I surely didn't know that? Lol

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
-------------------PEACE---------------------

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone compared Camera 360 with Vignette? And if so, which seemed better?

I'll compare them later.. vignette isn't bad I've had it for a few weeks and the shots come out pretty good

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

This is very interesting and hopefully it works. As someone on the motorola forums pointed out, that they have examined the camera on the droids from the d1 to present and believe it or not, the motorola camera is actually equal to if not better than most phones and that the problem lies in the software. So I am looking forward to seeing this. Maybe this ICS will fix what should have never been broken..

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is very interesting and hopefully it works. As someone on the motorola forums pointed out, that they have examined the camera on the droids from the d1 to present and believe it or not, they motorola camera is actually equal to if not better than most phones and that the problem lies in the software. So I am looking forward to seeing this. Maybe this ICS will fix what should have never been broken..

Couldn't agree more Shadez!:)

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
<><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
That sucks dude, if you got it from verizon and are still in your 14 day window I would recommend the D3. I really like mine, but again if in your window, definately shop around. Maybe the the new Razor, but I'm not sure when that'll be available. If you're outside your 14 day window and feel that you're stuck, PM me and I'll give you some options for resolving this with verizon.

yiannis

Reaction score
I don't regret buying the Bionic, it is the first dual-core LTE phone that will get ICS soon.

The real advancement in new generation phones will be the next generation LTE radios, what you see in the RAZR and the Rezound are minor enhancements in form factor, camera and screen quality. If camera quality is important to you then you should have not gone with Motorola, they're know for this. Then again the call quality, component quality are superior and their support is decent and improving.

Every new cell phone will have issues, including the connectivity issue, just like the Bionic. LTE is a new technology and we're the first testers.

wanta99gtr

Reaction score
coming from a droid x and thinking the bionic was the next best thing boy was I wrong. there is so many problems with this phone I highly advise not getting it. let's start with the connection issues. with my droid x I could listen to internet radio from my house to my job with no problem. the bionic is constantly losing a data connection sometimes even telling me I have 1 when I don't. places I never had problems with before now have no data. also the bionics only has 3g and 4 g there is no more 1 x or at least I never see it.

next applications in my phones seem to suddenly disappear or sometimes icon on my home screen goes blank and when you click on it it says application not installed.

oh so sometimes I try to download an application that is only 1 or 2 megabytes and I have 3 gigabytes of space on the phone it tells me I don't have enough room wtf?

it seems every time I buy a phone from verizon it works great for 3 weeks then it starts going downhill.

if you plan on using your phone for internet radio or want a reliable data connection DO NOTbuy this phone.

Man I had the exact same story! From an X, signal constantly jumping, apps dissapearing constantly, and the not enough memory issue. I mean to the letter this was my Bionic. I couldn't take it anymore I returned it an have my X again. After reading the forums, I thought my Bionic was the only one with these issues. Now I have to decide Nexus or Razr.

Sent from my Droid X running Darkslide 4.2