I really like your Razr, but I could love it,,,,

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Found a couple of posts about how you can with care and some effort remove the battery cover on the Razr.

After a bit of a search on the inter-web I found a extended battery with cover from accessory swamp.
They're out of stock, so I wonder, is it real and has someone been brave enough to try one?

3500MAH Extended Life Motorola Droid RAZR Battery

Kstyle723

Reaction score
Found a couple of posts about how you can with care and some effort remove the battery cover on the Razr.

After a bit of a search on the inter-web I found a extended battery with cover from accessory swamp.
They're out of stock, so I wonder, is it real and has someone been brave enough to try one?

3500MAH Extended Life Motorola Droid RAZR Battery

THANK YOU! This is great info!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

sfierro

Reaction score
If this makes it flush with the top hump at most and still keeps that Kevlar look then I'm in for one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Kstyle723

Reaction score
If this makes it flush with the top hump at most and still keeps that Kevlar look then I'm in for one

Myself... sent them an email, Ill let u know what I find out.

Sent from my carbon fibered, nano-coated, gorilla glassed DROID RAZR

sfierro

Reaction score
Myself... sent them an email, Ill let u know what I find out.

Sent from my carbon fibered, nano-coated, gorilla glassed DROID RAZR

That's perfect, thanks

R

RETG

Says "black replacement door." So I would guess not Kevlar or even a Kevlar look alike.

Also, states, "Li-Ion Cells" and I would guess if it was like the battery in the Razr it would say Li-Ion Polymer.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't really care anymore. the Anker external is 5,000 mAh's and fits on a keychain.

When I get that will be the beginning of me never getting an extended internal battery ever again.

So I posted that clip of me removing the back with my fingers for nothing...lol.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
This is the first droid I haven't seen a need for an extended battery with. I find that this phone hold a charge for at least 6 hours using heavy data.

On a normal day when i'm not constantly using my phone I get like 12 hours.

The other day I forgot to plug my phone in and when i woke up i still had like 2% battery left and my battery usage said 28 hours since connected.

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I work at night and have to listen to podcasts in the quiet times of the night.
(It's called graveyard for a reason!)

When I'm not goofing around I'm constantly using my browser to check the cost and availablity of parts for work. So, I need a minimum of 9-10 hours. Yes I know if I used my phone like an adult I should get through a day no problem. No adult's here.

This Christmas I was up 25 hours. Again a little forethought, spare wall/car charger, and my exterior battery charger would make it work. Nothing like a spare battery out two in a pocket, can saver the day.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Gleason81

Reaction score
This is the first droid I haven't seen a need for an extended battery with. I find that this phone hold a charge for at least 6 hours using heavy data.

On a normal day when i'm not constantly using my phone I get like 12 hours.

The other day I forgot to plug my phone in and when i woke up i still had like 2% battery left and my battery usage said 28 hours since connected.

I also get great battery life. Better since the recent OTA update. Today I got 22.5 hrs w/ normal use (since last charge - some web, text, music, and phone use). Still had 20% left before pluggin in.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice find, the external usb charger I have is only good for about one charge, the 5,000 mAh one is great but what about the 8,000 mAh one?

Amazon.com: anker external battery

Thats looks nice...its on the small side too. The 5600 one just looks a lil smaller. They both look real small tho. All I know is no extended internal battery, spare internal battery anywhere can match 5,600 mAh's, let alone 8,000...lol

Last edited: