I really hate my Revolution

Ineedsun

Reaction score
I have been in Phoenix for the last three months (I live in WA). On the drive here and since arriving, I have literally had no 4g or 3G almost half the time. I have called Verizon numerous times. They tell me to pull the battery while the phone is on and remove the SIM card, put it in and out of airplane mode and still, I am lucky to ever have 1X. I find it hard to believe that while driving down I-5 through California and now while in a major city like Phoenix I can't even get 3G. it is so frustrating and maddening that I want to toss the phone out the window. I feel I am being ripped off every time I pay my monthy bill.

I am a grandma with zero technical ability. When my contract with Verizon is up, I would like to leave them but I always hear they have the best coverage. Boo hoo. Thanks for letting me vent!

mamawm

Reaction score
go to verizon and request a new sim card. it has solved the issue for many with 4g lte phones. it's worth a shot, won't hurt and might help.

OP
I

Ineedsun

Reaction score
go to verizon and request a new sim card. it has solved the issue for many with 4g lte phones. it's worth a shot, won't hurt and might help.

Thanks for that idea. Do you mean the physical Verizon store or call Verizon? I appreciate your help.

mamawm

Reaction score
either one, if you go to a physical store make sure it's a corporate store, the other's will usually charge you for one but verizon doesn't.

lnhiv

Reaction score
I have been in Phoenix for the last three months (I live in WA). On the drive here and since arriving, I have literally had no 4g or 3G almost half the time. I have called Verizon numerous times. They tell me to pull the battery while the phone is on and remove the SIM card, put it in and out of airplane mode and still, I am lucky to ever have 1X. I find it hard to believe that while driving down I-5 through California and now while in a major city like Phoenix I can't even get 3G. it is so frustrating and maddening that I want to toss the phone out the window. I feel I am being ripped off every time I pay my monthy bill.

I am a grandma with zero technical ability. When my contract with Verizon is up, I would like to leave them but I always hear they have the best coverage. Boo hoo. Thanks for letting me vent!

I've lived in the Valley since summer 2005 and have had Verizon the whole time...there is no better coverage than with them honestly. Recently switched to a 4g phone and have had 4g throughout the complete east valley all the way to the 17 which I don't go past ever. Like mamawm said, just try a new sim card if you haven't already...a factory data reset may be in order too...they can do all that at the store in minutes for you.