I really do need help :(

nontech.lexi

Reaction score
So non of my widgets work, I'm trying to go onto Facebook but it freezes and I have to force close. I don't know what happened with my apps, I cleared my markets cache and still nothing. I have called *228 and my phone is still being dumb, what do I do?
I really have no idea :(

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
What ROM? Rooted or no? Did you install a different launcher? Any recent changes? Did you try removing widgets then readding them?

OP
N

nontech.lexi

Reaction score
Everything on my phone is stock, I think. I don't know what ROM or rooted means, and yeah, I tried removing then adding the widgets again, but nothing happened.
Whenever the force close window pops up and I press force close a HTC screen comes up and freezes my phone.
/:

MissSpiffy

Reaction score
When you have no idea what could be causing the problem, a factory reset is in order. This can either be via Settings > SD Card & phone Storage

or

Pull Battery
Hold Vol. Down & Power Button
Press Vol. Down to select Clear Storage
Hit Power to Select

Finally, if the problem persists after wiping the device, it might be time to go to Verizon and see if you are under warranty. The device came out just under a year ago, so you should be so long as it is in good condition.

OP
N

nontech.lexi

Reaction score
Hmm, but I have nothing backed up, and I don't know how to do that, I got my phone in December and I still haven't entirely figured it out.
But thank you for the advice :)

MissSpiffy

Reaction score
Hmm, but I have nothing backed up, and I don't know how to do that, I got my phone in December and I still haven't entirely figured it out.
But thank you for the advice :)

Well when you got your phone you would have had to create a gmail account, which backs up contacts, calender, background info, and purchased apps. Hopefully you haven't forgotten your password, but alas there are options.

1) Go into Settings > Accounts and take a look at your gmail account. If you don't know your password, try to log in online (on a computer). Go through the forgot-password-options. Hopefully you set up an alternative email address.

2) If you simply can't recover your password, then at most you'll lose any purchased apps. After a reset you'll just need to create a new one, and DON'T FORGET it.

3) To save your contacts to your SD Card, follow this process:
Contacts>Menu>Import/Export>Select Export to SD Card. To restore later on, follow the same process and at the end select Export From SD Card.

4) You can Back up Texts (although I don't recommend it seeing as how storing too many on your phone only slows down the loading of your message center). Download an app like SMS Backup+ before and after you reset a device.

5) Your incredible is probably not saving pictures on your SD card, because for some stupid reason they didn't change the default setting. You'll need an app like "Send to SD Card" to get them on there (you might have to scroll to find it). First you'll need to change this setting by going into the Camera>Menu>Settings and finding where it lets you change to save to SD card. After that you'll need to take a picture so that a folder is created. Then go into your pictures, select one and then follow this process Menu>Share>Menu>Select All>Next>DCIM>100Media>Copy Here.

6) Voicemails are not affected by a device reset, and if you want to write down a list of your apps, go ahead, but PLEASE don't install them all at once afterwards because if one of them is part of the problem, you'll be back at square one. Only 1-2 at a time to help make it easy to rule out any bad apps.

Anyways, it's always smart to take precautions to back your important info, because it's not uncommon for an Android to require a factory reset to get it back up to speed. It sounds to me like a factory reset is the best option for you, as you admittedly aren't that savvy with your phone yet, it's the easiest thing to do, and quite possibly the only thing to do.

Last edited:
OP
N

nontech.lexi

Reaction score
Wow, thank you soooooooooo much!