I really couldn't care less about Pinch to Zoom

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Options ftw!

I LOL when people look down on those wanting pinch zoom because they prefer tap zooming.

Its pretty simple to make everyone happy. Include both options. Thats why it should be included (officially).

As for me, I have all sorts of pinch zoom apps ;) They work for tap to zoom too. I like having options, and so should everyone else.

OP
H
Reaction score
I'm not looking down on anyone, I'm more than happy for PTZ to be there, I just don't know why people get so worked up about it. Comments such as "the phone should have had it from day one" or the more extreme "I'm not using any phone without it" are the one's I don't understand. It just doesn't seem THAT big a deal to get so worked up about.

I don't have it and I love my Droid, not sure it will make me love it more to have it.

I have used Dolphin and Gallery apps with it and I didn't see the huge +

frbooker87

Reaction score
I agree with giving options from the beginning but we have it officially in maps so soon enough it should be on the whole phone. However I use the Droid one handed mostly now so tap zoom is very handy and it resizes very nicely might I add.

Diordna

Reaction score
I'm a pinch n' zoomer!
I love it. Helps me click little links and makes me feel I have a lot more control on how close and far I want to be, it's nice and smooth too. I like it.

Mr Steve

Reaction score
I'm a pinch n' zoomer!
I love it. Helps me click little links and makes me feel I have a lot more control on how close and far I want to be, it's nice and smooth too. I like it.
I've got nothing against PTZ. Use(d) it on my Touch all the time.

But, howzabout they come up with something NEW for Android. Say when your thumb encompasses two links at the same time it pops up an 'auto-magnify' window so you can the easily tap the correct link?

Something that sets Android apart from other phone OSs?

(that and a Kindle app)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'd prefer if it had both like the Eris. The only time I ever find pnz useful is for clicking on links. And showing off features to people.