I ran into a fellow droid forum member!!!

droidgirl1

Reaction score
It's a small world after all, its a small world after all!!
I was working in my friends store yesterday and a family came in. Its a really really small store. They were a tribe. Grandparents, parents and about five or six kids. They were on vacation from Florida and wanted to see some local wildlife. I tell them where to go. Mister or grandpa gets his Droid out and talks to it. Gets his directions and is a happy camper. I understand completely. I have a talking Droid user in my family also.

We talked Droid language for awhile. And they went off to enjoy their vacation and their family.

It reminded me of my family. My father the talking Droid user,my mother who just rolls her eyes.

We need to do a poll. How many people talk to their droids? My father never uses the keyboard. He talks to it all the time,gets the info he wants and loves it. My mother on the other hand has stated to wear dark glasses.

So it is really a small world after all!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was working in my friends store yesterday and a family came in. Its a really really small store. They were a tribe. Grandparents, parents and about five or six kids. They were on vacation from Florida and wanted to see some local wildlife. I tell them where to go. Mister or grandpa gets his Droid out and talks to it. Gets his directions and is a happy camper. I understand completely. I have a talking Droid user in my family also.

We talked Droid language for awhile. And they went off to enjoy their vacation and their family.

It reminded me of my family. My father the talking Droid user,my mother who just rolls her eyes.

We need to do a poll. How many people talk to their droids? My father never uses the keyboard. He talks to it all the time,gets the info he wants and loves it. My mother on the other hand has stated to wear dark glasses.

So it is really a small world after all!

Nice story, but I don't see the part of how you knew he was a DF member.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was working in my friends store yesterday and a family came in. Its a really really sm

Nice story, but I don't see the part of how you knew he was a DF member.
Was wondering the same thing haha lol, so who was it? :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
droidgirl1

droidgirl1

Reaction score
Sorry, my mind flies faster than fingers.

He did not share name. Said he does not visit site as much as he used to. We talked about rooting my phone. It was a privacy thing. I understand that.

Who knows, he might pop back in.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They were right, you need to root your droid for maximum potential of it. :)

I've talked to strangers with Droids too, but when I mention DF or even the fact websites exist for the Moto Droid I get the deer in the headlight look usually.

OP
droidgirl1

droidgirl1

Reaction score
They were right, you need to root your droid for maximum potential of it. :)

I've talked to strangers with Droids too, but when I mention DF or even the fact websites exist for the Moto Droid I get the deer in the headlight look usually.

I know. I'm chicken. I know I can do it. Just read the stickies and they will talk me thru it. Just haven't taken the plunge. I have never linked my droid up ti my pc.
Is droid mod one of the easiest?