I promise this is not another this one or this one thread

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
because they'res more choices haha

No but seriously let me tell you wats going on I am eligably for an upgrade from vzw but I also have insurance so I'm confused on what I should do an I'd like your guys an gals opinions.

So I had my Droid for awhile an about a month or two ago my "dfg"'s keys started coming up but I didn't want to send it in because I had a bubble keyboard an didn't want to get a flat one. So it was fine until last night I guess I fell asleep with it opened an I roll in mysleep not gonna lie an must rolled over an smooshed it because when I awoke my "f" button was gone. So now I think its time to insurance claim it orrrrrrr get a new phone.

So I was thinken of my possibility of new phones. I wanna stay with android. So I came down to the Droid x or the galaxy s or maybe a Droid 2. I was hopen maybe some of you guys could provide your opinions.

Droid x concerns: its too big, motor blur I hear is nightmarish, no rooting to run tethers other then the paid service which I think is really wrong as I don't use it that much. Phone might not have much of a community behind it.

Galaxy s concern: from what I've heard of it the screen it seems like its got allot of problems already an that there wont be much of a community also...I kinda don't wanna leave Droid as I've talked 3 of friends into getting droids ( one got a Droid other got a Droid Inc an other got a droid2 yesterday) an I don't wanna abandone the Droid ship.haha

Droid2 concern: my friend has it haha but also I'm concerned on rooting an theme ability an the keyboard might be bad as I've seen they're like flat.

So just asken for some opinions or just help with my concerns. Thxs ahead of time.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Nooooo this has another choice hook!

Haha but seriously I'm not asking you to tell me what one to get, just asken for some help with my concerns an what your guyes opinions are.

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
From what I heard people hate the moto-blur on the droid 2 and x, and they prefer the droid 1 over booth (plus you can root and overclock). Theres a recent thread in this forum that is called "After seeing more options, I have a greater appreciation for my Droid 1." I haven't heard anything on the galaxy, but I would go for a replacement droid 1 (because you won't have to pay the $500 some for early upgrade?) or you might wanna look at the droid incredible.

Go to the verizon store and play with them. I just got my droid 1 the day before the droid 2, and I'm still happy.

here's the think to that thead:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...i-have-greater-appreciation-my-droid-1-a.html

bad4u

Reaction score
If it was me I'd do both... I would claim the droid on insurance, after you get the new (refurb) droid, upgrade to whatever phone you decide on and sell the D1 on ebay for a couple hundred bucks.
I'd also just use the replacement droid they send you until the Pro comes out because that's what i'm waiting on now, and none of the current android phones are good enough (IMO) for me to waste a upgrade on.

Good idea, claim the insurance for 80, go get the x, try it out for 30 days if you dont like it keep the D1. If you prefer the x, ebay it for more than what it cost you or keep as a back up. Put them both on order now though!

Btw, the x has root, custom themes, there almost to the custom recovery, and its been out about a month now.... Very speedy progress.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you liar it is one of those threads!

but i'd go for the Droid X. I like to put a couple shows on my phone for emergency situations of boredom so it'd be great

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
good thing its NOT one of those threads.............