I promise I'm not an idiot...(considering losing my Droid X)

Haloman800

Reaction score
When you say 'consider losing it' are you talking about committing insurance fraud? Because if you are I want to personally thank you for causing everyone else more because of your flagrant disregard of Federal laws.

Just FYI, fraud is a felony.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Don't be so thick/quick to accuse.. Losing as in ditching for a different phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
When you say 'consider losing it' are you talking about committing insurance fraud? Because if you are I want to personally thank you for causing everyone else more because of your flagrant disregard of Federal laws.

Don't be so thick/quick to accuse.. Losing as in ditching for a different phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I wasn't accusing. I was just making it known that "losing" your phone (wink, wink) isn't a good idea.

Klaista2k

Reaction score
Even if he "lost" it, and made an insurrance claim they would send him another X anyway.

OP
K

kmcscott

Reaction score

I would give KM the benefit of a doubt. Seems like just a play on words...I think he or she was just saying losing the droidx as getting a different phone. Just saying don't think if you were going to "lose" you phone if you meant that would be broadcast for everyone to see..I could be wrong..but I think it's just aggravation at the phone..I know what you are saying also, so don't think I'm naive....just hope this is not the case :)

Thanks for the benefit (of a doubt). :) I'm sorry I wasn't clear- I meant "losing" it as in "ditching" my phone for a new one, when my (as stated) New Every Two comes up in a few months. Fraud doesn't cross my mind.

If your not getting a phone for another few months....I wouldnt go with either of those. There will be better devices out by then, best bet is to wait until your ready and THEN start looking at the options.

Very true. It's like trying to plan what movie you're going to see in four months- you never know what is out. Thanks!

If I were you, I'd go try out the Thunderbolt. It looks pretty awesome. The Bionic should be out pretty soon too. Personal Message me if you decide to sell your X. I've been toying with the idea of buying a used one.

When you do try the other phones, make sure and test out the features that are most important to you. You know, take a couple of pictures etc. It's a drag the X is lacking for you. Good Luck!

Thanks! I actually JUST saw the Thunderbolt after I posted this thread. Looks pretty cool. My X will be going to my hubby- sorry he gets first dibs. ;)

I'll bet part of his problem with the X is he doesn't understand how to use the camera. No offense OP but do you know how to bring up the menu?

As stated I'm not an idiot or moron. I absolutely can bring up a menu, and I have. But if you have any suggestions of what specifically to change/check on the menu, I would be happy to hear it.

I'll bet part of his problem with the X is he doesn't understand how to use the camera. No offense OP but do you know how to bring up the menu?

True. There are alot of configurable options...

And (for me anyways) I always get much better pics using the soft shutter button instead of the hard button.

Thanks for the advice. I actually just quit using Vignette and starting using the stock. Now that you mention it I do seem to get better pics with the soft shutter button. Seems so simple... :)

+1!!! It took me a long time to realize that the position of the red camera button was causing the phone to shift and my pics to go out of focus. Using the soft button is much more user friendly.

To OP, can I suggest you not automatically refuse to listen to options regarding non-stock, market apps that may fix various issues? I can almost guarantee you will not find "the perfect phone". There will always be at least one thing you don't like. You can fix a lot (without rooting). Root... You can fix even more ;o)

(from Beka's DX)

I guess I just figured I was able to ask any question I wanted, with any stipulations I desired. ;) I have downloaded tons o' apps and it's just my preference to not have all kinds of "fixes" for things that should just work. Plus, I'm pretty sure there is no app that will transform my hard press buttons into soft ones. But then again, I've been wrong before.

bigmotor

Reaction score
Even if he "lost" it, and made an insurrance claim they would send him another X anyway.
Wow!

This Thunderbolt issue is getting to be a very serious with some folk. I have been all over the net reading the many different forums pertaining to the new just released Thunderbolt. With all of the new phones coming to the market in the very near future, it becomes somewhat of a challenge for one to make a decision as whether to wait or lean towards the Thunderbolt.

I too own a DroidX, for me it has been a great device, i'm not expecting it to be as superior as most of the new phones that are on the market. The Cell Phone industry is at its highest peak. They are manufacturing phones so fast until the carriers have come up with a new 1 year contract deal, and they charge more. We as consumers, set the tone for these Multi Billion-dollar companies in deciding what they should introduce to the market next.

Me personally! with all of the hipe...I think I will just hold off until the next wave of products hit the market. By doing this,I'm hoping that my next phone will surpass what they have to offer now....just my 2 ecnts worth...

norrow5210

Reaction score
I want to recommend you several good games,maplestory~Aion~Runscape .....