Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

iPirate

Reaction score
The iphone still the people's choice in the last 3 months. Yes, the iphone seems old and outdated, but if you ask the kids (teenagers) most of them would prefer an iphone. IMO, VZ and Moto need to give a demo more about the usage of the Droid in their ads like the iphone, show them your strength. When Nexus hits the market next week, we won't compare the Droid to the iphone anymore.

After over 10 years of XP, does XP seems old an outdated?
I think Google should make some ads showing off Android.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The iphone still the people's choice in the last 3 months. Yes, the iphone seems old and outdated, but if you ask the kids (teenagers) most of them would prefer an iphone. IMO, VZ and Moto need to give a demo more about the usage of the Droid in their ads like the iphone, show them your strength. When Nexus hits the market next week, we won't compare the Droid to the iphone anymore.

I think Google should make some ads showing off Android.
Or VZW could get Owen Wilson and let the brothers duel it out :)

Nedaroth

Reaction score
For me it's not the iphone that offends me, it's the apple army that use them. The Jeus Phone!!!! yea what ever.

FireDroid

Reaction score
If the Iphone is the Jesus phone, does that make the Droid the God phone???

cpjr

Reaction score
If the Iphone is the Jesus phone, does that make the Droid the God phone???

Or the Satan phone :icon_ devil:

Think about it. Nemesis to the iphone, the whole red and black attire going on.....hmmmm :D

Laurence5905

Reaction score

It certainly seems old and outdated to me, when I have to repair a customer's computer that's running WinXP. I'm used to Win7 now (and before that, Vista) so the UI in XP has seemed old and outdate to me for awhile now.

But XP is reliable, so lots of folks stick with it. Even Win7, as awesome as it is, has not been as reliable for me as WinXP seems to be. Although it's a ton better than Vista ever was.

But back on-topic: the iPhone's look hasn't changed very much at all, even going back to the original 2G iPhone, they're very hard to tell apart. And unless it's jailbroken, every iPhone's desktop looks exactly the same. Familiarity breeds contempt, I suppose -- and all iPhones look so familiar that they do look old now, even though the 3GS has only been on the market for 6 or 7 months. It looks so much like the 3G that you can't really tell the difference unless you use it -- and that makes it look older than it actually is.

Because the Droid is so much more customizeable than the iPhone is, I'm thinking we can keep our phones looking "fresh" for longer... But even the Droid will start to look old eventually. That's when we'll all upgrade to the 4G Droid2, sometime around Christmas 2011, I'm guessing. <GRIN>

darreno1

Reaction score

From what I've witnessed, the Droid is VERY well known and I'm seeing them more and more in public. The iPhone has had too much of a headstart for the Droid to come close to its market penetration but the Droid is getting lots of attention.

As for XP, compared to win7, it's showing it's age. In the future, as the hardware manufacturers quietly phase out XP drivers for their new hardware, people will have to make the leap. For now, there really is no compelling reason to (especially for businesses)so migration is slow but that's going to change. I think soon we'll see a concerted effort to force businesses onto the new OS.

LordKastle

Reaction score
The iPhone has been our for a few years...what do you expect? Give it credit for staying viable and relevant for so long. With Windows Mobile, Android, Blackberry... a single device has yet to stay mainstream for over a year. The Nexus won't change this...it's focus is with T-Mobile, that means basically nothing for mainstream usage [In the United States anyway]. What do you expect though? With 4G around the corner at the end of 2010 going in to 2011, why would a device released late in January be game changing?

Last edited: