I-phone seems old

greyghost04

Reaction score
I hadn't looked at an iPhone for a couple of weeks and last night I put my Droid down on the table next to one. I picked up the iPhone just to remember why I bought the Droid. The first thought that went through my mind as the screen lit up on the iPhone was, "How old fashioned this phone looks". Am I too biased?

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah, you are. (of course, its a droid forum :D )

I personally find it funny when scrolling through a Droid site - you are going to hear how much better the droid is vs the iphone, or just how bad the iphone is.....of course...

Then while scrolling through an iphone forum all you hear is how crappy the droid is....blah blah blah....either way I kinda get tired of it.

I personally use BOTH, an iphone for personal use and I have a company phone which is the droid.

They both have pros and cons, neither is a crappy phone by any means. And they are still different enough that it just depends on the person and what your needs are as to which you are going to prefer.

PS- And this is also coming from a Mod at a major iphone forum ;)

Last edited:

iPirate

Reaction score
I hadn't looked at an iPhone for a couple of weeks and last night I put my Droid down on the table next to one. I picked up the iPhone just to remember why I bought the Droid. The first thought that went through my mind as the screen lit up on the iPhone was, "How old fashioned this phone looks". Am I too biased?
It has had the same look from when it first came out, plus it has been pushed into everyone's face millions of times. I'm tired of seeing it and almost anything new makes the iPhone look old.

:iphone::iphone::iphone::iphone::iphone::iphone:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I think the whole iPhone look is very old and dated.....Never owned one, never will.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you are.

I personally find it funny when scrolling through a Droid site - you are going to hear how much better the droid is vs the iphone, or just how bad the iphone is.....of course...

Then while scrolling through an iphone forum all you hear is how crappy the droid is....blah blah blah....either way I kinda get tired of it.

I personally use BOTH, an iphone for personal use and I have a company phone which is the droid.

They both have pros and cons, neither is a crappy phone by any means. And they are still different enough that it just depends on the person and what your needs are as to which you are going to prefer.

PS- And this is also coming from a Mod at a major iphone forum ;)

You have valid points here. They are boh very ver y good devices. It depends on the person using them as to what you will want. Rember not everyone will like the same thing. Thanks for the post!

Moonraker

Reaction score
If they are stock, sometimes they seem a bit dated to myself as well. Just plain

However, the potential that phone has if you know what you are doing is still awesome.. Its just not very "fresh" in some peoples mind if they are use to NEW all the time.

The iPhone has been around for a while without Apple really changing it, ya know?

cpjr

Reaction score
If they are stock, sometimes they seem a bit dated to myself as well. Just plain

However, the potential that phone has if you know what you are doing is still awesome.. Its just not very "fresh" in some peoples mind if they are use to NEW all the time.

The iPhone has been around for a while without Apple really changing it, ya know?

I agree, if it wasnt for jailbreaking (which is also a sad necessity) the phone wouldnt be nearly as appealing.

The droid certianly destroys it with open development.

But then again we are comparing a phone that is 3 years old to a phone that is a month oldish.

Wonder what the droid (or comparable) will be in 3 years :D

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is why IMHO I bought a Droid; the open OS.

I truly believe this platform will be the future, looking at it from a techie standpoint.

The iPhone has it's own market, we have ours, I don't see a competition, though it seems forced upon any new device release.

porr1

Reaction score
I have to agree with backndblack never have one and I never will

darreno1

Reaction score
The biggest thing that stands out for me is the screen. Occasionally my coworker will get some new app on his 3GS or show me a web site and I'll look it over only to notice the difference in res right away. I'll usually have to zoom in a bit to read it whereas on the Droid, the finest text is discernable. Another thing is the one button. After using Android, it does seem a little archaic. And not being able to easily see and switch to the last used program is a big handycap IMO.

And despite all that, he often has to pay for the same Apps I get for free. One good example is Wifi Analyzer. The free ones for the iPhone sucks and the better one (that's free on Android) he has to pay for. Another one is Skymap. The one on the iPhone does not use the compass whereas Google's offering does. Now his is much smoother, I'll give it that but functionally, it's inferior. Barcode scanner is another one, the free ones for iPhone are garbage, whereas Redlaser (their equivalent to Barcode Scanner) isn't free. Google Goggles, another cool app, not available yet for iPhone. And except for the Nasa app which is I think is really cool on his (can't find a good equivalent for Android yet), none of what he can get or has, I care for (except for some of his games).

When it comes to games, the iPhone still rules, but I know that's not going to be for long.

The main thing about Android that makes me not miss my 3g one bit, is the fact that the Apps I care for and use often, I can get, and mostly for free. Yeah there were tons to choose from on the 3g and I often filled it up with crap only to realize most were 'cool' for one or two days and then just sat there. By the time I got rid of it a year later, I had only the apps/games I used and they were few and far between.

Honestly the iPhone got boring for me rather quickly and when I look at one now, that feeling still resonates. Not so much that it's old but just: "meh, been there done that". I think quite a bit of that came from the fact that deep down inside, I never liked Apple's designs and their philosophy. I also hated itunes. And it did not easily allow me to customize it the way I wanted it. I hated the stock look after 1 month and really could not change it without hacking it. Jailbreaking at the time was really buggy so I never bothered.

What drew me to it was I needed an all-touch device (that supported Exchange) with basic PDA functionality and a good web browser. Nothing came close to the 3g at that time IMO. Now that things have changed drastically , in retrospect I do have some regret in not waiting a while.

johnflo88

Reaction score
The biggest thing that stands out for me is the screen. Occasionally my coworker will get some new app on his 3GS or show me a web site and I'll look it over only to notice the difference in res right away. I'll usually have to zoom in a bit to read it whereas on the Droid, the finest text is discernable. Another thing is the one button. After using Android, it does seem a little archaic. And not being able to easily see and switch to the last used program is a big handycap IMO.

And despite all that, he often has to pay for the same Apps I get for free. One good example is Wifi Analyzer. The free ones for the iPhone sucks and the better one (that's free on Android) he has to pay for. Another one is Skymap. The one on the iPhone does not use the compass whereas Google's offering does. Now his is much smoother, I'll give it that but functionally, it's inferior. Barcode scanner is another one, the free ones for iPhone are garbage, whereas Redlaser (their equivalent to Barcode Scanner) isn't free. Google Goggles, another cool app, not available yet for iPhone. And except for the Nasa app which is I think is really cool on his (can't find a good equivalent for Android yet), none of what he can get or has, I care for (except for some of his games).

When it comes to games, the iPhone still rules, but I know that's not going to be for long.

The main thing about Android that makes me not miss my 3g one bit, is the fact that the Apps I care for and use often, I can get, and mostly for free. Yeah there were tons to choose from on the 3g and I often filled it up with crap only to realize most were 'cool' for one or two days and then just sat there. By the time I got rid of it a year later, I had only the apps/games I used and they were few and far between.

Honestly the iPhone got boring for me rather quickly and when I look at one now, that feeling still resonates. Not so much that it's old but just: "meh, been there done that". I think quite a bit of that came from the fact that deep down inside, I never liked Apple's designs and their philosophy. I also hated itunes. And it did not easily allow me to customize it the way I wanted it. I hated the stock look after 1 month and really could not change it without hacking it. Jailbreaking at the time was really buggy so I never bothered.

What drew me to it was I needed an all-touch device (that supported Exchange) with basic PDA functionality and a good web browser. Nothing came close to the 3g at that time IMO. Now that things have changed drastically , in retrospect I do have some regret in not waiting a while.
you save me a lot of time, exactly what i would have said, only you put in a better way about the 2 iphone 3Gs I owned. I can't wait for the milestone to be launched anytime now in canada.:icon_ banana::heart: :motdroidhoriz:

nolanandy

Reaction score
The iphone still the people's choice in the last 3 months. Yes, the iphone seems old and outdated, but if you ask the kids (teenagers) most of them would prefer an iphone. IMO, VZ and Moto need to give a demo more about the usage of the Droid in their ads like the iphone, show them your strength. When Nexus hits the market next week, we won't compare the Droid to the iphone anymore.

After over 10 years of XP, does XP seems old an outdated?