I phone 5 or moto maxxhd or sammy glll

chasman

Reaction score
Time to update new phone. which one? Not going to hack it and not going to be on it all day.
Current phone is droix x on Verizon.
Battery time and camera important.
Sound is important also need clarity on calls.

So do i go with the i phone , moto maxx hd or the sammy g 3 ??

thanks

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If you're "not going to be on it all day" why do you need the Maxx?
For camera I'd say s3. For battery there is no question the Maxx is best. iPhone is not even an option
Sound quality I'd have to go with Maxx again

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion: on XDA there's an official "help me pick my phone" thread stickied in one of the sections. Perhaps we could implement that here instead of having new threads for everyone who wants input?

ckidwell

Reaction score
Best battery is Max. Best camera is iPhone. Best OS is Android. Gotta decide which is more important to you

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
Well I would suggest the Maxx since that's literally what I am typing on right now because that's the decision I pick. I would even recommend the iphone over the GS3. So in order, I'd go with Maxx > iPhone > GS3. Particularly because the GS3 just about loses in a lot of things compared to those. But that is just one person's opinion. Please don't hate me if you have a GS3 :-D

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
For your preferences I would recommend the iPhone. It has the second best battery and the best camera.

Since you are on a Droid X I would also like to recommend that if you are opposed to change(changing OS's can be cumbersome and some people prefer not to do it) go with the GS3 or Maxx.

I would lean on these traits to help make the decision between those two:

Maxx has the best battery and call quality.
GS3 has a better camera and nicer screen.

dietz4ibanez

Reaction score
I was thinking about the iphone 5 until it came out and there wasn't much difference between the iphone 4 and 5 other than the 3 fails of the iphone 5...

Iphone 5 fails:

1. Headphone jack on the bottom of the phone.
2. The phone is only taller but still the same width.
3. Not that this will appply to you but if per chance you had a ipod your cables will not work since the iphone 5 has a updated plug. It would be like moto changing from the micro usb that we have been using since the Droid 1 was changed.

Now onto the other 2 phones. I tried to like the S3 when it came out. I hated the face that it felt so fragile. It was a phone that felt like I would drop it alot. I guess my hand has formed to that if I had carried a brick from the moto phones that the curved back of the S3 would not work for me. Lastly, the thing that bothered me the most about the S3 was the quality of the screen. It seemed to suffer from a blueish/green hue to it. I feel like they did a lot to the phone but when the came to the screen they just threw it in there without tweeking the correct color contrast.

I ended up getting the Droid Raxr Maxx Hd. It fulfills my battery needs for a phone and seems to work well. The phone feels more rugged and will survive if dropped. It is somewhat water resistance so if I am tuning irrigation systems I won't ruin my phone if I get blasted with a little water or caught out in the rain..

I wouldn't recommend using it for diving practice but I am sure you know what I mean.

eoem

Reaction score
Time to update new phone. which one? Not going to hack it and not going to be on it all day.
Current phone is droix x on Verizon.
Battery time and camera important.
Sound is important also need clarity on calls.

So do i go with the i phone , moto maxx hd or the sammy g 3 ??

thanks
Best OS is Android.Best camera is iPhone. So it all depends what's function do u attach much more importance.
In my own opinion,iphone 5 can be one of the best choice.I just buy a iphone 5 charger from eoem dot cc :p:biggrin: