i need you guys

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
I followed this and now my phone is stuck in boot red eye mode....
I need some help.......please
Originally Posted by lithoman
com.helixproject.launcher_RedSox.apk

I have read the posts and still can not get this installed. I mount my phone.....drop this file in..then unmount go to root explorer and look for this file to install...but cant find it to install it.
What am i doing wrong

Use root explorer, long press on the file and select either copy or cut. Then browse to /system/app/ , click up in the top right hand corner to change to RW, and long press to paste the file. Long press on the file you just pasted, and change the permissions to RW- R-- R--

OP
lithoman

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
You will still have your old nandroid backup.

It only shows one backup ....should i wipe clean before trying it again as it still hung after restoring a few mins ago????

I also get sd-ext.img not found skipping restore of /sd-exd.
then it says restore complete

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You will still have your old nandroid backup.

It only shows one backup ....should i wipe clean before trying it again as it still hung after restoring a few mins ago????

I also get sd-ext.img not found skipping restore of /sd-exd.
then it says restore complete
the sd-ext is for ap2sd stuff dont worry about that. If you didnt make a backup before you tried the theme your best bet is to just reflash the ROM and start over.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
lithoman

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
Did it and it is working now....thank you. Should i make a backup of this working file?

samiusmc

Reaction score
Did it and it is working now....thank you. Should i make a backup of this working file?

Yes, make a backup. You should NEVER make any modifications to your Droid, i.e., changing your ROM, adding a theme, changing the kernel, etc. without first making a Nandroid backup just in case something goes wrong.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yes, make a backup. You should NEVER make any modifications to your Droid, i.e., changing your ROM, adding a theme, changing the kernel, etc. without first making a Nandroid backup just in case something goes wrong.

Amen to NEVER! I learned that the hard way.

Mike