I need to S-off Droid Inc2

Inc2user

Reaction score
Im in Kuwait and bought a global Droid Incredible 2 that was supposed to be unlocked (on eBay) and well it wasnt unlocked and the phone was still on Verizon factory settings. That's fine when I get home but here I need to put the Zain SIM card but the phone doesnt recognize the card. I checked with a friend here that likes to modify Android phones and he said it was still S-On so thats the reason why. I started doing some research on the matter, anyone know how to S-Off my HBOOT-0.98.0000 Inc2? Or did I just spend $250 for a paperweight? Thanks...ROG

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You are talking about two completely different things. S-off gives you the ability to root the phone (unlock the bootloader). The SIM unlock code is what you need and has to be gotten from Verizon. Once you have that you can unlock the SIM card to work overseas. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are talking about two completely different things. S-off gives you the ability to root the phone (unlock the bootloader). The SIM unlock code is what you need and has to be gotten from Verizon. Once you have that you can unlock the SIM card to work overseas. Good luck!

I was also thinking this same thing, but wasn't sure, never had an unlocked phone before for global use.

So OP, in short, you need to somehow contact Verizon and ask for the unlock code for the SIM, and if I remember correctly from another conversation, tier 2 tech support are the ones who give out these codes.

Good luck.

OP
I

Inc2user

Reaction score
Thanks all for your input. I will try calling Verizon today to get the SIM unlock code from them. I would still like to have Cyanogen or another mod on there instead of the stock one but Im not very literate at things such as this...

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I posted a how to guide a while back. Google: how to root incredible 2 with 2.3.4 explained. I explain my mistakes so you don't make them using the revolutionary downgrade utility. Good luck and hit me up if you have any questions.

scott1176

Reaction score
s-off with 6.01.605.05

I posted a how to guide a while back. Google: how to root incredible 2 with 2.3.4 explained. I explain my mistakes so you don't make them using the revolutionary downgrade utility. Good luck and hit me up if you have any questions.

Is there a way to downgrade from 2.3.4 to 2.3.3 if my software is 6.01.605.05? Revolution does not support it.
My phone is unlocked and rooted, but with S-on, which pretty much defeats the purpose of rooting for me.