I need to know if this is normal.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
turn off your phone, then turn it on, and as soon as it starts booting with the logo put the phone to your ear and keep it there until the phone is on, do you hear static that sounds like a village of robots getting destroyed by a giant water hose? orrrrrr is it just me?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I hear it, and that's just the normal noise you hear when booting something with a harddrive/memory, and a cpu. A computer will make a similar noise.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
do you hear static that sounds like a village of robots getting destroyed by a giant water hose? orrrrrr is it just me?

What does a giant water horse sound like?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
turn off your phone, then turn it on, and as soon as it starts booting with the logo put the phone to your ear and keep it there until the phone is on, do you hear static that sounds like a village of robots getting destroyed by a giant water hose? orrrrrr is it just me?

Just had to say LMAO
Will have to see what that sounds like my next boot.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
What an interesting observation. Hahahahaha. I will definitely be trying of next time. Just curious as to how you found that out.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I hear it, and that's just the normal noise you hear when booting something with a harddrive/memory, and a cpu. A computer will make a similar noise.

thanks, I thought it might be the hard drive but I didn't think it had magnets or anything to make noise as a desktop would.

do you hear static that sounds like a village of robots getting destroyed by a giant water hose? orrrrrr is it just me?

What does a giant water horse sound like?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LIKE EEEEVILLLLLL!!!!!

Just had to say LMAO
Will have to see what that sounds like my next boot.

What an interesting observation. Hahahahaha. I will definitely be trying of next time. Just curious as to how you found that out.

Sent from my DROIDX

rofl, I was laying down messing with my overclock, and it was unstable so I crashed, and it felt really warm so I put it on my face to feel the warm fuzziness and then I heard the evil terror from within.

aklee987

Reaction score
I did not hear the giant hose. I did, however, get the crap scared out of me when my phone yelled "DROID!" in my ear.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I did not hear the giant hose. I did, however, get the crap scared out of me when my phone yelled "DROID!" in my ear.

I'm sorry lol, it's not fake I promise!
ive been changing my build.prop file a lot and each time I restart I listen for it now, it sounds like a different village each time.

JohnBo

Reaction score
Wow. Loud memory access and a phone with a clickin and whirrin harddrive. Good times.

kevinkar

Reaction score
I hear electrical transients but nothing discernible as you describe. It's similar to what I hear through headphones when starting up an iPod or other media device.