i need to find proof of eris's full retail price when first released. help please

tktouch12

Reaction score
my sister's htc eris was crushed by the airline baggage scanner. she filled out a form to get reimbursed for it, but she needs proof of what the full retail price for it when she bought it was (which was when it was pretty new, january 1st).
where can i get this proof?
thanks

bje1982

Reaction score
my sister's htc eris was crushed by the airline baggage scanner. she filled out a form to get reimbursed for it, but she needs proof of what the full retail price for it when she bought it was (which was when it was pretty new, january 1st).
thanks

If there just replacing the phone who cares what it costs back then it should be about what its going to cost them now to replace it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks

If there just replacing the phone who cares what it costs back then it should be about what its going to cost them now to replace it?

Actually, I'm surprised they are even going to offer what it originally cost. Generally you get the depreciated value of something if it's mishandled, not the actual replacement cost. And replacement of that phone probably has gone down.

I agree with the previous poster call Verizon.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
i talked to vzw and the retail price apparently hasnt changed. its $476. does that sound right for when first released? but anyway they said they would just pay her how much it costs. so i guess i have it. the reason i asked was because i thought it was already discontinued

Last edited:

bje1982

Reaction score
i talked to vzw and the retail price apparently hasnt changed. its $4760. does that sound right for when first released? but anyway they said they would just pay her how much it costs. so i guess i have it. the reason i asked was because i thought it was already discontinued
Wow thats one expensive phone!!

Googleaddict

Reaction score
i talked to vzw and the retail price apparently hasnt changed. its $4760. does that sound right for when first released? but anyway they said they would just pay her how much it costs. so i guess i have it. the reason i asked was because i thought it was already discontinued
Wow thats one expensive phone!!

I thought the same thing! XD

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to prove it, but I remember it being around $469; it was about $100 cheaper than the MotoDroid full retail price.

liam.

Reaction score
if she wants another Eris I have an extra one I can sell you $75

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
470 sounds right