1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I need some help

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by soccer568, Aug 30, 2011.

1. soccer568

soccer568 New Member

I flashed peters frg83g file from his website because i was tired of GB roms. I didnt know that this file stripped me of my root access. I thought the frg83g still had root in it but i guess it doesnt. What do i have to do to get root back? And is there a plain stock frg83g rom with root in it? Thanks
  2. beaton3344

beaton3344 New Member

Shouldn't have. Yeah his frg rom worked for me. How did you have your phone rooted.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. soccer568

soccer568 New Member

I rooted my phone like a year and a half ago with rsd lite. I didn't think I was unrooted either until I tried to overclock my phone with setcpu.and it told me I didn't have Superuser permission. I looked for the su application and it wasn't there. Then I got into recovery and noticed that it was back to that stock recovery with the exclamation mark.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. DHO

DHO New Member

Do you still have access to the bootloader? If so just reflash somethine. Pete's rom should not change your bootloader.
  5. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

6. soccer568

soccer568 New Member

Thanks but i figured it out. I downloaded and flashed peters ota frg83g file which doesnt have root because its an ota update. I scrolled down a little further and saw he had stock rooted roms which is what i needed. I just re rooted my phone with motocache's method and am now going to downnload the right rom. Thanks for the help.