I need some advice on GB

myaswiller

Reaction score
I got the OTA and upgraded to GB and now my battery is draining super fast. I've read other threads but not finding anything useful. At night, when I go to bed, I put my phone on sleep mode but in the mornings it's still almost dead. When I go to battery usage to see what's going on, it says Android OS 70 something % or 80 something %. From reading other people's threads, that's A LOT. Why is it using SO much and what do I do? I don't really like GB anyway and prefer Froyo but this is making it worse. If go back to Froyo is it going to keep wanting me to upgrade to GB? I'd appreciate any advice I can get because I don't know what to do!!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I got the OTA and upgraded to GB and now my battery is draining super fast. I've read other threads but not finding anything useful. At night, when I go to bed, I put my phone on sleep mode but in the mornings it's still almost dead. When I go to battery usage to see what's going on, it says Android OS 70 something % or 80 something %. From reading other people's threads, that's A LOT. Why is it using SO much and what do I do? I don't really like GB anyway and prefer Froyo but this is making it worse. If go back to Froyo is it going to keep wanting me to upgrade to GB? I'd appreciate any advice I can get because I don't know what to do!!
Yeah, if you go back to Froyo it is going to keep asking you to update. I'm not having these battery issues, but I can see from this and other forums you're not the only one. If I were having the battery issue I would uninstall every 3rd party app I had downloaded...boot into recovery mode (r+m+power, then volume rocker at triangle...clear cache...factory data reset and reboot. I would then make sure none of the pre-loaded apps (news, weather, facebook, etc) were loading. I would not have the phone sync anything...any sync of data would be initiated by me manually (gmail). Then, I watch it for a day or so and see how things went. If all went well, I would add one of my 3rd apps at a time, if all is still well I would add another and so on. Don't know if this would help a bit, but at least I would know three things, I got a clean install of GB, there was nothing left in cache after upload that was causing a problem and none of my 3rd party apps were causing the problem.