1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I need serious help. May have bricked Droid.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Tarinator, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Tarinator

Tarinator New Member

I'm going to give you a somewhat quick overview of what my Droid's life span has been so you have a better understanding of what i've done.

Ok so, I get the phone and I am amazed. Then I do the official 2.0.1 update and ounce more I am amazed. I eventually got bored waiting for the delays of the official 2.1 update so I rooted and installed Ultimate Droid 7.8 . Afterwards, I installed the many updates (up to 9.0) that were further released. I then found out that the official 2.1 update had been released. I did a nandroid restore (full) and went back to 2.0.1. Then I updated to 2.1 . For some reason I kept my Superuser permissions app. I did not like the official 2.1 as much as UD. Today I got a slot of free time and decided to follow these steps: How to Root Your Motorola Droid Running 2.1 . I thought it would be fast and easy. I did not check my battery. The first time I tried it said that the process failed(talking about RSD Lite,sbf,etc). The phone didn't reboot either. So I tried it again, this time it was taking longer so I thought I was good to go. My phone turned off so I thought it was done. It didn't reboot. Now when I cut it on (it may only remain on for a few seconds), it says....wait now its not cutting on at all....Anyways I can slightly remember what it said: Bootloader at the top, 2C.6C , Code Corrupt, Battery Low, Cannnot program. My phone will not charge either...or is it just that the screen is saying its not? I have no idea what I have done and I am literally about to go insane because I NEED my Droid. If anyone has any idea or anything please post. I am in dire need of help and am not calm at all. I cannot express this enough.
  2. verian

verian Guest

Plug it in, and not for 30 minutes like overnight. See if that gets you any room to play. I've never had the actual 2.1 update but I'm guessing you don't have any back ups. I'm not sure where to go from there but you need to try to give it time to charge even if you don't think it's charging. It might not be but I hope for you that it is.
  3. verian

verian Guest

I'm sure more help will come soon. DF has never left me hanging for more then a day. just breath and hold on. Its amazing how we fall for our little monsters just can't live without em
  4. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Definitly let it charge, some say hours upon hours, I say about 2 hours is good. Once you know its got some juice, you will probably see that beautiful M logo.
  5. Tarinator

Tarinator New Member

I honestly have no idea whats going on. My phone doesn't connect to my PC anymore either. I'm going to do as you said and leave it charging for a while, but as of now I believe there is nothing I can do. I'm freaking nervous and it seems no-one else is having this problem in all the world. As usual, i'm one of the unlucky ones that happen to stumble upon the worst unfixable problem...Heheh, the banna gives hope though :icon_ banana:
  6. christim

christim Super Moderator

When your phone is taking a charge you should see a little white light next to the plug in the side of the phone. (left side of plug when the screen is facing up).

Make sure it is plugged into a wall outlet, not the PC. You should see it boot up within a couple of hours. I always make sure I've got a good charge, no idea what state your battery was in to start with.
  7. Tarinator

Tarinator New Member

The white light is not there or only exist for short periods. My battery was around 50-30 percent.

Would it be a good idea to just carry my phone to the local Verizon store and tell them all this happened when I updated to OTA 2.1? Maby they would give me a new phone? The workers at this one are not very.."smart". Thought since this problem happened by my doing, I wouldn't consider myself smart either :p.
  8. killabyte

killabyte Guest

Agree with the charging solution. If your battery is dead as a hammer it will not fire up right away. Also use the wall charger. Barely get any voltage from your USB port. If that fails there is a site I read up on earlier about using rsd to unbrick your phone. Have it saved at work tho. If you need it search for never fearing your Droid being bricked again. I think that was the title.
  9. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Have you tried a different USB Sync cable. Is it posible a bad cable caused the original problem with flashign with RSD Lite and that same cable crapped out and now won't charge the phone?

Have you tried reconnecting to RSD Lite...hold the up d-pad key while power up?

Nate
  10. Tarinator

Tarinator New Member

I did attempt to reconnect to RSD lite, but it doesn't work. My phone is still stuck on the bootloader screen and I can't even tell if its on or off. It won't charge, it won't connect to the pc, and after removing my SD card and checking it out I was disappointed to find that it had been wiped. I haven't tried another USB Sync cable though...OOO Just remembered I backed up my SD card on my PC so I don't have to worry about that ^_^ All I need to do is get my phone out of the Bootloader screen.
  11. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 New Member

Easiest way, if you have a friend with a droid, charge your battery with theirs, or use their battery. This will work quicker and easier than charging for hours lol
  12. gavron

gavron Guest

What people don't seem to want to mention except for one poster is

USE THE WALL CHARGER.

The USB port will not deliver more than 50ma without identifying the device (which it can't do until the bootloader is up). The wallcharger will deliver 550-650ma which IS enough to charge the Droid.

The USB port is good for maintaining a charge or slowly bringing it up IF IT IS ON AND BOOTED. If it's not communicating USB specs it will never charge but the light will still be on.

E
  13. killabyte

killabyte Guest

+1

once mine was completely dead and it had to stay plugged into the wall for 30 mins before it turned itself on. same scenario with my computer at work charging through usb and it seemed as if it took half the day to ever fire back up.

to the OP though, i read somewhere about holding UP on the Dpad when you got stuck in a boot loop. maybe it can help with your problem? it was in a thread in the general section earlier today, i think. if you can get into your recovery with your back up files you should be able to fix your problem.
  14. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

I saw you said you were stuck at the bootloader. pull your battery and then after you replace it plug into the wall. dont try and boot it or anything. The phone doesnt charge in bootloader or recovery.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  15. Tarinator

Tarinator New Member

Someone posted that I should use a friends battery so I did that. Amazingly it worked, but I put my own back in it and carried it up to Verizon because I thought they would give me another one without physical problems. They were confused and didn't know what was wrong with it so they gave me another one. Now I have a fresh 2.0.1 droid with no scratches and loose keyboard slider!!! Thanks for the help people!!!! :icon_ banana:Time to go root and get UDv10!!
  16. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 New Member

Well you're welcome lol glad I could help, and.Congrats on the new phone! Hope everything goes smoothly this time lol
  17. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

Silly.

You just got a new phone when the first one wasn't broken.

Ah well, karma will get you.

It's not fair to take advantage when you didn't even follow all the correct procedures to fix the phone.

I generally don't speak up on threads when people talk about fraud or commit fraud, but you had been told by how many people here how to fix it? Instead you took one shortcut then went to the store anyways.

You didn't want us to help you, which these people did, you wanted justification in getting a new phone.
  18. Mikejl

Mikejl New Member

+1
    Yeah, it looks like the real problem was he damaged the keyboard and scratched his droid up and was looking for a way to get a free replacement.

Mike
  19. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Or is it posible the USB connection was broken with a cold solder joint and that is why it would not take a charge? Come on folks...you don't know the full story.

I've never met a Vz repair tech that scratched his head and tossed a new phone out without at least attempting a charge on it. Then again...I;ve never met a Vz repair tech. ( both valid and trueful styatement. See how assumptions can lead you to conclusions?).

Nate
  20. gavron

gavron Guest

Is it possible? Yeah. Occam's Razor suggests that's not the case.

Once he had the friend's battery in, did he plug it in and did it show charging? If so everything was fine except he had drained his original battery too much.

I'm going with the previous two posters. This guy wanted to game the system to get a new phone.

E