i need opinion on what do with my GN having big issues.

fantom557

Reaction score
i love this phone but to tell u the truth it is very unstable signal issues and so on. when i try to make a call sometimes it takes long time before the phone app will react to my choice and i am using stock not rooted i was going to root but i see so many issues in the blogs. also my screen is cracked a bit but i don't know what to do. i email and text i love 4G and i live in NYC so signal is not issue. should i just try an iPhone or should i try a different android phone. in the middle of a call on blue tooth it will just drop i need good advice i don't know what to do anymore i don't have an upgrade so if i have to get a new phone what should i get. i am so confused on what to do. any suggestion would be welcomed.

Reaction score
well they did say the 4.0.4 update should be rolling out soon..and should fix signal issues..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hopefully 4.0.4 fixes the issue. Whether that's out "soon" or not is another story. I've heard no official word of the update rolling out anytime soon, but if I'm wrong someone please enlighten me.

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Unlock it, root it, ROM it, then think about how sad it will be when you are forced to upgrade!

xliderider

Reaction score
If you are leery of putting a custom rom on your GNex, then you can still unlock and root it, then flash the radios from the 4.04 update. I'm running the 4.04 radios on my 4.02 rom and everything is good.

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
If you are leery of putting a custom rom on your GNex, then you can still unlock and root it, then flash the radios from the 4.04 update. I'm running the 4.04 radios on my 4.02 rom and everything is good.
is there a way to do this using a mac

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Typically I would recommend someone does not root to try and fix issues but it is entirely up to you. And I just want to throw this out there but I have read a lot of mixed reviews on the 4.0.4 radios, seems it fixes issues for some but not others.

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
looks like i am going to get a new one re insuarnce and then i will see if it pays to root the phone not sure what real benafit i will get if i root there are so many pros and cons.

vico512

Reaction score
A new device might help. I had numerous loss-of-signal issues with my first GNex. I exchanged it at Costco, and the replacement has performed significantly better. I've had only one or two problems over the past week, as far as I know (not counting the nation-wide outage a few days ago).

Kind of a crap-shoot...!

Reaction score
screen crack: insurance, or if you didn't have insurance, send it to samsung and they replace the screen for i think $100.

signal issues: wait till vzw fixes their exchange server problems. my phone no longer drops data daily, so they're working on it.