I need help with safestrap!error restoring /data

B

bens42608

Who can solve this mystery?error restoring /data

I have read lots of people having this very same problem but I haven't found a fix.I thought safestrap was the perfect took until now.
I have stock rooted 902 on non-safe side
I have eclipse 2.2 on safe side
Toggling between the two had worked perfect for me a coupe times.
Today I went into non-safe to use my stock stuff.
Tonight, I tried to toggle back into safe mode but out said error restoring /data so I did a quick toggle and restarted but it just say there as a black screen. I went to backup & restore to look for a safe recovery but the only thing there is the original non-safe backup.
Then, I went back to the non-safe side...and it took me to the Android and it had been factory reset!wtf
So I restored the original non-safe backup which worked fine. I toggled back into safe mode which created a backup like always, then after once again being unable to boot into safe mode and getting the error, I went back into non-safe which I figured would be fine since it had just made a new backup but no! Factory reset.
So..... I restored the original backup and here I am; confused and disappointed in this new tool that I had high hopes for.

WHAT DO I DO????
HELP ME!!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
B

bens42608

If I had a safe mode backup, where would it be?

OP
B

bens42608

Ok I found the safe strap folder with the original and safe backup....they are both named data.ext3 .should they handed the same name?
Then there's a different folder with the original backup....... I'm getting confused now why there are separate safe strap folders in different areas

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because you chose internal and external locations to do a backup at one time or another.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Hollywood67

Reaction score
I have read lots of people having this very same problem but I haven't found a fix.I thought safestrap was the perfect took until now.
I have stock rooted 902 on non-safe side
I have eclipse 2.2 on safe side
Toggling between the two had worked perfect for me a coupe times.
Today I went into non-safe to use my stock stuff.
Tonight, I tried to toggle back into safe mode but out said error restoring /data so I did a quick toggle and restarted but it just say there as a black screen. I went to backup & restore to look for a safe recovery but the only thing there is the original non-safe backup.
Then, I went back to the non-safe side...and it took me to the Android and it had been factory reset!wtf
So I restored the original non-safe backup which worked fine. I toggled back into safe mode which created a backup like always, then after once again being unable to boot into safe mode and getting the error, I went back into non-safe which I figured would be fine since it had just made a new backup but no! Factory reset.
So..... I restored the original backup and here I am; confused and disappointed in this new tool that I had high hopes for.

WHAT DO I DO????
HELP ME!!!!!

Wow!!! Exact same thing I am going through tonight. I saw there was an Eclipse v3.0 and since I was having so much luck toggling back and forth via safestrap, I thought I would try.
Have you found a solution yet?
Two factory resets tonight. lost root twice, got it back. I am going crazy....
Somebody enlighten me???