I need help sd card wont load!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by oldblue, Jan 9, 2010.

1. oldblue

oldblue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this has happened to anyone, but I went to take a picture today and it would not save to the sd card. I was using the updated Nexus rom with MT browser and wifi tethering.

I went on to install the base Nexus rom and my sd card still would not load. This is kinda scary. Can anyone help me out. Should I format the sd card?

2. freddroidhead

freddroidhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know what the problem could be. I have the 2.1 Rom from the install instructions in this forum. Mine saves pictures ok. Try save saving any file while having it mounted to your PC. If you can still save and delete files onto the SD card then it might be something to do with the camera and maybe something interferring with it.

3. oldblue

oldblue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just installed a few different roms and none of them will allow my camera to save pics to the sd. Could recovery be interfering with this?

4. freddroidhead

freddroidhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know. Is there an app you installed that is somehow tied to use of your camera? If you can still copy and delete files on the SD card maybe it's an app that's causing problems. Did you do a complete cache clear and wipe data from the phone in the sprecovery screen thing before installing your roms?

5. oldblue

oldblue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea wiped everything clean before installing. Its weird. I just installed 2.0.1 and now the camera is working. I am very confused by this. I have been using different 2.1 roms for the last few weeks and have used the camera fine. I'm perplexed by this.

6. freddroidhead

freddroidhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using 2.1 and have the wifi tether installed but no multi touch and am not having any troubles.

7. oldblue

oldblue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    which 2.1? maybe ill try that one out

8. freddroidhead

freddroidhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My camera is starting to act up now to. It was fine but I did install the wifi tether a few nights ago. I may uninstall that. Maybe that app isn't to stable with 2.1. Somehow after snapping a picture and trying to view it I had a force close window pop up and after getting to the home screen the GPS icon waqs on like it was broadcasting.

9. oldblue

oldblue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea thats what mine is doing. How do you uninstall the wifi tethering? Just the app or replace the kernel with the old one?

10. freddroidhead

freddroidhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just the app. i had to pull the battery though because the phone wasn't shutting off. i haven't had to even open my battery cover for anything since i've got this phone brand new in the box a month ago. The camera is back to working fine now to. I still have that superuser whitelist app in my apps though.

11. freddroidhead

freddroidhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the 2.1 that you can download from the big thread in this forum on how to install 2.1.

12. oldblue

oldblue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok here is what is going on for me now. I completely cleaned out the phone and installed a 2.1 rom. My video camera works fine, saves the video to the sd. The camera however, takes the pic, but it just sits there without being saved to the sd. It is so strange.

13. freddroidhead

freddroidhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    do you still have the wifi tether on your phone? that is definitely not stable for the nexus rom. i looked in my gallery and i have a picture in there that looks like gray fuzz and thats from when it tried saving a picture while i had the tether inteference. now it's saving them fine. If youre still having trouble i don't know what else could be causing trouble. i wouldn't mess the with os kernel anymore. make sure that tether is not installed. if you didn't uninstall it from the manage apps thing in settings then maybe reinstall it and then uninstall it through the manage apps to make sure it gets removed all the way and after it's uninstalled you may have to pull the battery if your phone won't shut down. see if that works.

14. oldblue

oldblue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I installed that rom you suggested and everything works fine. Very weird. So I guess it is just that rom that I had which stinks because other than that it worked great.

15. freddroidhead

freddroidhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cool. nevermind my last post. it's the wifi tether that is causing trouble. i'm glad you posted the trouble you were having. i didn't use my camera since before installing the tether late thursday night

Search tags for this page
game camera wont load pictures to sd card
how to load data to sd card on droid
how to load sd card in motorola doid phone
my phone wont load my sd card
my pictures wont load from my sd card
my sd card wont load
pictures wont load off sd card to droid

sd card wont load

sd card wont load on phone
why wont my sd card load