I need help, I didn't get backed up and installed Liberty

flyingsushi

Reaction score
I am having no problems with my phone but I could use some help please. The problem is I rooted my Droid X, everything was fine, I thought I backed it up with Titanium Backup but apparently I didn't before I installed Liberty.

After Liberty was installed I had all my pictures which is fine but my contacts were all but gone. I have restored them. The other problem was I lost almost all my apps when Liberty came on. I am not sure what to do from here?

Since then, I have redownloaded the missing apps plus some. Some apps appear to be no longer available which is ok.

Here is the deal, I have 1 year left on my contract. I plan on upgrading if the time is right in 1 year. My phone is working just fine now but I don't want to be in a bad situation in 6 months if some upgrade comes out that limits me. The problem is I am not backed up.

What should I do?

TIA,
Sushi

kilahimm

Reaction score
Let me know if I'm reading wrong, but it sounds like you're looking for backup solutions? If that's the case start with Titanium Backup for your apps, SMS Backup for text messages, and you should be able to sync your contacts to your GMail account to back them up. That should get you started with most things either in the 'cloud' or onto your sdcard which you can always drop into a future device.

Like I said, if I'm off the mark here let me know!

OP
F

flyingsushi

Reaction score
Let me know if I'm reading wrong, but it sounds like you're looking for backup solutions? If that's the case start with Titanium Backup for your apps, SMS Backup for text messages, and you should be able to sync your contacts to your GMail account to back them up. That should get you started with most things either in the 'cloud' or onto your sdcard which you can always drop into a future device.

Like I said, if I'm off the mark here let me know!

No I don't think your off base. The problem is I am not sure what is the best thing to do since I didn't back up when I installed Liberty and lost everything. The good news is I didn't lose anything important. Just things that were inconvenient to do again like my contacts.

My question is, should I go to Titanium Backup now and start a backup to restore to?

How do I get to the "cloud". I assume that is nothing more than a backup?

kilahimm

Reaction score
If you've already restored your apps, you can use titanium back now to make a backup for the future. The "cloud" part I was speaking about was syncing your contact to GMail. To do this go to Contacts->Menu hard key->More->Settings->Contact Storage->Choose your GMail account and "remember this choice".

OP
F

flyingsushi

Reaction score
If you've already restored your apps, you can use titanium back now to make a backup for the future. The "cloud" part I was speaking about was syncing your contact to GMail. To do this go to Contacts->Menu hard key->More->Settings->Contact Storage->Choose your GMail account and "remember this choice".

Yes, I have synced my contacts with my gmail account so everything is up to date.

I do want to clarify something, when using Titanium Backup and saving a restore point, what am I saving, my apps?

kilahimm

Reaction score
You should be saving your apps and the associated application data (ie: settings, unlocked levels, usage history).

OP
F

flyingsushi

Reaction score
You should be saving your apps and the associated application data (ie: settings, unlocked levels, usage history).

I need a little help with TB. I am not sure exactly which one to do. I opened the app, went to backup/restore, menu button and opened batch. Assuming this is where I am suppose to be, there are all all sorts of options under "Backup". Which one should I be using, "Backup all user apps + system data"?

Thanks