helipilot94

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
Two weeks ago I was in a motorcycle accident. Both the LCD screen and the outer screen are destroyed because of it. I need to recover my files but I cannot figure this out. I have some priceless photos and videos on there and it'd make this whole situation much worse if I couldn't transfer the files over. Please help.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

You are absolutely in a jam. Your best bet would be to find a phone repair shop that can replace the screen. If you had not previously connected it to a computer and can't use it now you are out of luck.

btw: For the future all my important files get synced to the cloud. If my phone got smashed I wouldn't lose anything.

Are YOU OK?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.. Without a screen recovery is next to impossible. Were your photos backed up to your Google account? You may want to check as so many people are not aware of what has been backed up to their account.

OP
H

helipilot94

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
Thanks. Recovery slowly and pissed off but I'm fine. I didn't have anything on cloud because I had too many files. I've tried phone repair places but it would cost me like 300 bucks to fix.

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
You could try just plugging your phone into a computer and locating your phone as a drive. On my Windows computer I just plug my phone in and locate my phone in windows explorer. Although I can't remember if I needed to respond to any prompt on the phone to allow the connection the first time. I want to say I didn't have to do anything, and I was able to transfer files to and from my phone as if it were a thumb drive, but I can't remember.

Also, glad to hear you're ok.

OP
H

helipilot94

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
You could try just plugging your phone into a computer and locating your phone as a drive. On my Windows computer I just plug my phone in and locate my phone in windows explorer. Although I can't remember if I needed to respond to any prompt on the phone to allow the connection the first time. I want to say I didn't have to do anything, and I was able to transfer files to and from my phone as if it were a thumb drive, but I can't remember.

Also, glad to hear you're ok.
Thank you. Unfortunately, by poor design I do have to select from a menu on the phone.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Recovery slowly and pissed off but I'm fine. I didn't have anything on cloud because I had too many files. I've tried phone repair places but it would cost me like 300 bucks to fix.
Your phone couldn't possibly have more stuff on it than the cloud services could handle. Google Photo could have saved all the photos for free and Google Music pretty much the same. Even the free 2GB DropBox account would have been a good start.

Glad you're on the mend.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Priceless.. $300.. Priceless $300. Looks like $300 is cheaper than priceless..

OP
H

helipilot94

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
Your phone couldn't possibly have more stuff on it than the cloud services could handle. Google Photo could have saved all the photos for free and Google Music pretty much the same. Even the free 2GB DropBox account would have been a good start.

Glad you're on the mend.
Thanks, I had more than I thought in cloud services. But not everything. Google drive has 15 gb. So that's nice. Live and learn I guess.