I need an App !!!!!!!!

golfgame

Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to an App that will temporarily disable ALL apps running in the back ground, hopefully in one step. I use GoilfLogix while playing golf and I run out of battery before the 18 holes are complete which is usually about 4-1/4 hrs. I always start with a fresh 100% charge. This has only started happening in the last couple of weeks. Previously I could get 18 holes in and still have battery left thru the evening.

GolfLogix is maintaining that it is not here problem.

Droid Razr
ICS

Thanks in advance.
:):):)

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
The only way I know of to do what you want to do is to root and use an app like Titanium Backup to freeze apps and system files that can run in the background. The problem is figuring out what system apps you can freeze and not have it affect the phone functions you don't want to stop. Figuring out the apps to freeze is not to hard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
That would prevent user downloaded apps from running but not system or carrier apps from running. Plus, he then couldn't run his golf app which requires GPS.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
That would prevent user downloaded apps from running but not system or carrier apps from running. Plus, he then couldn't run his golf app which requires GPS.

Actually it doesn't exactly work that way. If your rooted and running a third party launcher such as Nova you can run any application you have a created a shortcut for, or create a shortcut using the activities method even in safe mode.

caveats:

rooted
nova is a system app

Easiest thing to do is convert the game into a system app and boot safe mode. Either way you must be rooted.

Here is a screen shot of me in safe mode taken just now running various apps including GPS
ezu2unys.jpg

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Actually it doesn't exactly work that way. If your rooted and running a third party launcher such as Nova you can run any application you have a created a shortcut for, or create a shortcut using the activities method even in safe mode.

caveats:

rooted
nova is a system app

Easiest thing to do is convert the game into a system app and boot safe mode. Either way you must be rooted.

Here is a screen shot of me in safe mode taken just now running various apps including GPS
ezu2unys.jpg
Great info, thanks.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The OP could also use debugging/developer options to disable all but a single background app. This may only available in JB or perhaps the Nexus (don't have a Razr) and can't remember if ICS had this option.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352217235363.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352217235363.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 272

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Interested I sometimes use the GolfLogix app but even my Maxx has trouble making it through a whole round.

OP
G

golfgame

Reaction score
Alternatively, try a different golf app that does not drain so much battery. I'm actually the developer of Golf Pad GPS (Golf Pad - free golf GPS rangefinder, scorecard and club tracker app for Android and iPhone). It's free and it includes GPS rangefinder, scorecard for 4 players, aerial map, and shot tracker. I can easily make an 18-hole round with 40-50% battery left on my Droid Razr M. It should be even better with your MAXX. Send me an email to [email protected] if you run into any questions.

Does your app operate without a data connection? Could I load it with WIFI before leaving the house and then turn WIFI off? I am in an area where the Sprint data connection is weak at best.

Thanks

blackops1125

Reaction score
The best app to use is greenify. The paid version you can even stop system apps as well. Better then freezing because can still use apps when you press the icon in app draw. The app keeps Apps closed when you not actively using them saving battery big time. The app I found draining battery was Google play services!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2