1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I need an answer before I SBF please

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by nerdslogic, May 29, 2011.

1. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

I am a bit lost here. I was running 595 this morning. Flashed 596 on top without wipe. Phone is running great. Then....yes I know....then I read I was on the wrong radio....but what does that mean? What am I risking? My phone is running totally fine....not a single issue that I have noticed yet.

does anyone know?
  2. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

Well I think I found out. When I went to SBF I found out my bootloader was broken. I couldn't get into it by holding home when booting up. It would bring up the Android guy holding the box with the "!" but when you hit search nothing happened.

Plus I started to notice my heating up rather abnormally.

So I did the "magic" route into the bootloader and SBF'd. Then "flashed the 2 zips" and I am off to the races noticing differences from when I just flashed 596 over 595.
  3. maineultraclassic

maineultraclassic New Member

With GB, you press both the volume buttons not the search button.

Steve
  4. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

ah.....yeah I had to do volume down and camera button.
  5. xan

xan New Member

brilliant "upgrade" there VRZ/Google! as the DX has a known problem with camera and volume button cable getting shorted. (or so moto tells me...)