I need advice on selling my phone

Shade2193

Reaction score
This would be the first time ive sold a phone online or to anyone at all, and im pretty new to the process. I am still under the contract for Verizon, and im just wondering what and how I should do this.

I am looking to sell my Samsung Fascinate for the new HTC Thunderbolt coming out.

Yes, I know how to use ebay, I just dont know about contracts, etc.

Any advice/tips/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've sold several phones on eBay. You want to take several pictures of the phone, make sure you talk up all the accessories that came with it, if the account is active and the phone is not blacklisted, be sure to mention the ESN is good. The better the description, the more you'll probably get for the phone. Don't charge an arm and leg for shipping either.

But, most importantly, make sure you have good feedback. If you have a bad reputation selling or buying in the past, it will reflect in the trust issue when you're selling the phone. If you have a good reputation, people are more likely to buy from you.

You also want to make sure you describe the condition. It's obviously not new, but be honest with the condition of the phone. And, like I said before, if it is already an active device on your line, say it's unlocked and no contract. That means someone can add it to their account without having to accept terms and conditions.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put it on Craig's List just because IMHO that's whre a lot of bad ESN end up at. Ebay yes and I never heard of swappa but we got guys saying it looks good so take a look.

Just don't sell it here on this forum. That's not allowed.

OP
S

Shade2193

Reaction score
Thanks guys, but can I sell my phone even though I'm still under my 2 year contract with verizon?

I do plan on buying the TB at full

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well you have to have a phone on your plan but yes, once you buy and activate you TB you can then sell your phone.

The TB has to be on your existing plan of course.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).