I need a good Froyo rom.

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by ti1996, Jul 3, 2010.

1. ti1996

ti1996 New Member

I just finished rooting my droid and messing around with tethering a bit. After looking around, I think I have decided on Froyo as the dev that I want to run a rom from. I want the most stable rom possible. I am rooted on 2.0.1 for the record.

EDIT: Pete sounds good too.
  2. Medlin223

Medlin223 New Member

Jrummy Froyo Roms are excelent, as well as Bugless Beast Froyo roms, Really at this point most froyo roms are stable enough and the speed boost from 2.2 just blows away any 2.1 roms.

Here are the links to the roms i mentioned above, its really prefrence on colors as most of the features are the same on both.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/55598-rom-stable-bugless-beast-v0-4-android-2-2-frf84b-fully-deodexed.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/jrummy/56405-7-2-froyo-source-built-kangerade-4-0-7-huge-list-features-themes.html

Enloy and good luck

Also, if you havent already, i would install Rom Manager and astro file manager, both found in the market place to make installing and managing the .zip files much easier for roms.
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

I use Bugless Beast V0.4, but I think all the current ones are good. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Froyo roms. After all, they are all built from the same stuff.
  4. ZBoater

ZBoater New Member

My vote would be for UD Froyo eXtreme 2.5.0.
  5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

I keep ending up back on Pete's BB ROMs
  6. ti1996

ti1996 New Member

I want to try Bugless Beast 0.4 but the link that Medlin223 provided has a broken copy. As far as I know, it is missing files and when I tried to execute it, it crashed with an error.
  7. cms5423

cms5423 New Member

8. regkilla

regkilla New Member

Bugless Beast V0.4 rom is fast and smooth
  9. 3083joe

3083joe New Member

[7-2] Froyo Source Built Kangerade 4.0.7 - *HUGE list of features & Themes*

This is the one for sure!!!!!!!!!!
  10. bigsal82

bigsal82 New Member

My recommendation would go to CyanogenMod 6. Its currently in alpha. Im running it now and you wouldnt even know it was in alpha. Very stable and excited to see what the final release will be. If i was you I would try them all and see which one works for you the best. Make back ups of each one and switch between them.

If your not comfortable running alpha which is why i wont link it here just wait for the final build. It will also be in rom manager when its complete.
  11. NattyBee

NattyBee New Member

if you really want a stable setup-- try Simply Stunning, and use ChevyNo1 kernels too...his work is the BEST! smooth, fast, and he's great at user support....
  12. Jtaylor

Jtaylor New Member

Im running the Simply Stunning v4.3 rom from Chevyno1 with a 1.1ghz ultra low kernel. so far the phone has been incredibly fast, and it has a built in task killer that closes apps when you are finished so you dont have to worry about task killers slowing down your phone or using up extra battery. It looks amazing and i have had minimal problems with the rom. i love it so much that i wont trade it till something truly much better is out there.The home screen looks bad ass and the phones battery life was dramatically increased... and thats with it running on 1.1ghz most of the time

Great work chevyno1
  13. BeADroid

BeADroid New Member

I highly recommmend UD eXtreme 2.5 rom, it is fast, stable, with great support and the UD customizer. I have tried most of the other Roms, but I keep coming back to UD. though I will say I do the petes latest BB. If you want to get to the UD roms, either google it, or click on the link in my sig, and I have a link on the front page of my website. Cheers and welcome to the addiction.
  14. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I'm running Froyo without anyone's ROM and it works great for me.
  15. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

7h3.4pp12en7ic3 New Member

CVPCS's Sapphire is absolutely the most stable ROM I have come across, bar none. BB works great for most, but some people have problems with it. JRummy's work never ceases to amaze me, but I think his work will start to stride when CM 6 comes out. I'm currently running the Cyanogen Nightlies as daily roms and havent had any major issues, except Foursquare won't let me check in, FC each time. But that's a known issue that is being resolved.
  16. ZBoater

ZBoater New Member

Last night BD released v3.0 of his UD ROM. It is currently linked in his irc support channel. I don't know what he did, but my phone is smoother and faster than it's ever been even when OCed to 1.2ghz, and I haven't OCed 3.0 yet. The screen scrolling and transitions are super smooth. All my apps seem happy and haven't seen a fc yet, but vie only played with it for a couple of hours. I think I am going to skip any kernels or OCing, I just don't see the point anymore. UD comes with a 125-8000mhz kernel already, and includes wireless tethering. I will be upgrading the wife's Droid to 3.0 today, so THAT is the ultimate vote of confidence (you married guys know). I don't like dealing with "support" issues on family gear, so I look for the most reliable stuff possible. UD 3.0 has my vote! :)
  17. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

Every ROM has bugs and issues, and every phone handles ROMs differently. Once FroYo starts getting pushed OTA, a lot of the bugs will go away, but until then, its a crap shoot. I was a BB user for a long time, then moved to UD, and just now this morning I switched to Sapphire. So far, BB gave me the least number of problems, but UD and Sapphire have way more "eye candy" than any of the BB ROMs I used. Dont be afraid to flash a few and pick what YOU like, YMMV.
  18. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

Id also like to install Froyo on a rooted 2.1 Droid but Im TOTALLY clueless how to begin. I see all these kernels and roms and terminology that I have no idea about or where to start. I rooted using this guide, followed step by step with no problems at all:

How-To Root your stock 2.1 Droid

I did that mainly to tether my Droid to my iPad. So how would I go about putting Froyo on my phone at this point?
  19. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

Well I think I screwed something up. Guess I shouldnt be messing with things I dont know enough about. Decided to try Kangerade 4.0.7, used these instructions:

SPRecovy Installation Instructions:

-Update & backup any files you wish to restore, this will wipe /data
    -Rename the rom to update.zip
    -Place the ROM on the root of your sdcard
    -Reboot into recovery mode (hold the power and "x" button at the same time)
    -Install
    -Allow update.zip Installation
    -Install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated)
    -Reboot and Enjoy!

After installing the phone is just going from red eye to droid boot animation over and over and over and over. So now what?

edit - was able to restore from nandroid backup and phone is now functional again. Id give it another try with the roms but IDK what I did wrong the first time. Are you suppose to do a complete wipe first?
  20. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

Factory reset and wipe cache 3 times each is what most of us do. A boot loop (what you experienced ) is not uncommon. Now that you know you can restore a nandroid back up, youre all set. Give it another shot!