I need a 2 color Droid logo

Romulet

Reaction score
I'm looking for an image of a droid like this :greendroid: that is only 2 colors and is a small as recognizably possible. Any help in locating this would be greatly appreciated (color is not important as long as there are only 2)

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
index.png

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Why not just download one of the net, and color it as you'd like with Gimp, or with an app like Picsay Pro on your phone?

Then it'd be exactly as you want.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Here's an example of one I did for a custom zombie theme:

uploadfromtaptalk1308135207888.jpg

The actual icon I made has no black background. But Droidforums won't let me upload a .png file. I made a bunch of them for different functions, like so:

uploadfromtaptalk1308135399306.jpg

It's fun and easy to do!

OP
R

Romulet

Reaction score
Why not just download one of the net, and color it as you'd like with Gimp, or with an app like Picsay Pro on your phone?

Then it'd be exactly as you want.

Because I've looked and they're all .jpg or similar trash as far as I can find. I need something that is 2 colors as a computer interprets it. If you look at the image I posted in GIMP, it may look like 2 colors, but it's actually more like 1 color for every 2 pixels because of all the blending jpg does to compress images. I'm making a chainmail inlay of the droid logo and in order to get a proper color count and reliable template, I need solid colors with no gray area as to whether that's more white or green on this particular ring.

Also, thanks Czerdrill but that's just like I was mentioning just above. It may look like 2 colors but it's actually about 50. Tons of different shades of white, grey, blue, and green

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Then search for a high quality .jpg or .png version. A good photo editor can get you the results you want.

Gimp has all the options.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
I just realized: the ony way to have only 2 colors is black and white - which aren't technically colors.

Anything else draws from the rgb spectrum.

OP
R

Romulet

Reaction score
I just realized: the ony way to have only 2 colors is black and white - which aren't technically colors.

Wrong. Either that or you're severely over analyzing. 2 colors as in Red and Blue, Green and Yellow, and so on. I don't care what the mix of an individual color is. And please stop recommending a photo editor, I have GIMP and Photoshop and, yes, they can eventually turn out the picture I need if I want to hand pixel paint every color that is wrong OR if I want to just drop it to a 2 color palette and PRAY that the image resolved properly (which it never, ever, ever will because of .jpg or .png that was once saved as .jpg). I came here thinking maybe someone had a droid logo left over from theming that was in simple colors (like someone that did an 8-bit theme) or that was cut down in color enough that it would translate easily for pixel painting. You tell me to find high quality pictures, that goes against what I'm looking for. High quality is that way because it has a high pixel count and millions (billions?) of colors.....no, no, no. "A few colors and as small as recognizably possible" was my first post and that's exactly what I need.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
I think he's saying, "Pull your battery, and the icon you're looking for will appear out of nowhere."

This makes perfect sense to me.