I must be doing it wrong.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Grey Hawk, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk New Member

Ran sholes 2.0.3 download SetCpu, moved slider to 800, clicked set on boot. Turned off phone, turned it back on. And I don't really feel any difference between stock and this "800". Am I not clicking the right thing? Where is a good place to test on a speed difference?
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Usually I can tell whenever it boots, and it spells DROID right before the red eye.....it will spell out DROID really fast! lol

But maybe you wanna crank it up another notch? 950MHz, 1GHz maybe?

Try browsing the internet and pay attention to how fast pages load and things like that
  3. vmescall

vmescall New Member

I noticed that when using SetCPU with my phone OC'd to 800MHz that it did not always run this clock speed as I thought. When I configured the app and it's profiles, I also set the CPU Governor to 'ondemand'. From what I understand, this option means that the clock will be set based on the profiles that are configured.

Double check to see if profiles are enabled and what the maximum clock speed is for each profile. In my case, I had set the profile 'Power < 100%' to a max clock of 550. Incidentally, this caused SetCPU to always set my clock speed lower than the 800 I specified on the main screen.

You can also set CPU Governor to 'Performance' which, if I understand correctly, will over ride any configured profiles and set the clock speed to whatever you apply with the main slider. The drawback however, is that the clock will not be adjusted for low/little use situations such as standby or sleep. This could lead to a decrease in battery life.

For what it is worth, trial and error will be the best judge for you - what works for my phone may or may not work for yours. Play around with the settings a bit and you will likely find a 'comfort zone' of performance and battery life.
  4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Unless you have the Max and Min set both at 800....then it will not always run at 800....it will when it needs to like if you get on the internet or use Maps or something that requires some extra power...otherwise it will not run at 800