I miss the OG Droid

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Man, I miss the days when the OG Droid ruled upon these forums. Heck all of the ROM's were completely pwning the forums... you wanted to theme something? OG Droid...

Well my friends... what are you moving on to now?

I am seriously eyeballing the Droid 3... I enjoy the concept...

Anyone else got some thoughts on our old Betsy? And where the hell else are you thinking of moving on to?

OG 4 Life! dancedroid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I agree. The D1 started a real revolution for Android. Will be missed when its time to move on.

I am getting the D3. Locked bootloader or not its the only slider phone coming out and I need that physical keyboard. Plus its specs ain't bad either ;)

sent from somewhere...

Ruben181

Reaction score
Is it too much to ask for vanilla now a days from Verizon? With all the fiascos and drama I almost rather wait till 3rd and 4th Quarters .... keeping my fingers crossed.

Moto Droid
GPA15

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I'm still rockin' my Droid. Haven't seen anything worth upgrading to yet. I think I may finally upgrade with the Bionic or Targa... or whatever they're going to call it. Especially with the talk of Motorola easing up on the lockdown.

In the meantime, SS 5.2 with the lv 1.1ghz kernel is keeping me satisfied.

*customized tapatalk signature*

sarreq

Reaction score
I've still got my d1, still works fine, but my cat knocked my keyboard onto it, so I'm working with a shattered screen. mer.....

I think I'm gonna wait for the Targa/Bionic, it just looks brilliant, and since I started using Swype, I rarely ever use the slider

Last edited:

gmpdmd

Reaction score
Still using the heck out of my D1 as well. Also considering Bionic/Targa. I would love to say D3 but I can't see myself getting another 3G phone and keeping it another 20 months. By then I would think 4G will have taken over. Plus I too am using physical keyboard less and less. I don't understand why these new phones D3, X2, I2 are all coming out 3G if Big Red is pushing the heck out of 4G??

myriad46

Reaction score
Still using the heck out of my D1 as well. Also considering Bionic/Targa. I would love to say D3 but I can't see myself getting another 3G phone and keeping it another 20 months. By then I would think 4G will have taken over. Plus I too am using physical keyboard less and less. I don't understand why these new phones D3, X2, I2 are all coming out 3G if Big Red is pushing the heck out of 4G??

Because within 6 months (or less) 4G is going to be an additional $10 - $20 a month on top of the $30 data plan....without tethering.

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I really hope Moto unlocks the bootloader for the D3. But I agree with jstafford, locked or unlocked I will probably make my move on that machine.

Graymayre

Reaction score
They are using the tbolt as a pilot for the 4G network, we already know. Thy are probably going to wait until the new data plans before they release the next fleet of 4G phones so everyone will then have to pay the extra for them.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

tennvol

Reaction score
I miss my D1 but really love the keyboard on the pro

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Not to put a ROM on a pedestal because I haven't tried any others, but Bugless brought this OG Droid back from the dead. D3 and/or Targa look ready to take the reigns.

Sent from my Bugless OG Droid using DroidForums

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Bugless is a portion of the community, and I don't think there was a dead to really bring the OG back from? The developmental support of ROM's has been decreasing, but at no point did it hit rock bottom. There are still a few developers who produce quality ROM's for the OG.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Sorry for not clarifying, the OG Droid is far from dead, I'm saying my OG Droid that I got on launch day was getting long in the legs, bugless makes it feel like launch day all over again.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

noisyKricket

Reaction score
I still love my D1.

Is there any developer that's still using Froyo? Gingerbread roms all pretty much hate my phone. Well maybe not the phone, but none of them play nice with my SlideIt keyboard or with Swype. I'm still using UD2.5