I Miss My Droid!

Breezer23

Reaction score
Ugh! I am regretting my switch to AT&T for the iPhone 4. The phone is great but this 2GB Data limit is REDIC! Anyone else here made the mistake? What are you doing to rectify it? Apple refuses to refund my applications which leaves me stranded.

<3 Droid
-Travis

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Ugh! I am regretting my switch to AT&T for the iPhone 4. The phone is great but this 2GB Data limit is REDIC! Anyone else here made the mistake? What are you doing to rectify it? Apple refuses to refund my applications which leaves me stranded.

<3 Droid
-Travis

Nope, you are clearly the ONLY one!! dancedroid:rofl3:dancedroid

Zahoor

Reaction score
U should still be under 30 day warranty..just take it back and get the droid..or the incredible..or wait for the droid x :)

NVash

Reaction score
2GB data limit? Seriously? Whats that? 2GB you can download?

mjh68

Reaction score
U should still be under 30 day warranty..just take it back and get the droid..or the incredible..or wait for the droid x :)

My brother did the same thing.. tried the droid for a week, then switched to the Iphone. He loved it , but had such horrible reception and losing calls in our area he is back on the droid awaiting the X .

I don't know about apps, but he was within his 30 days and had no trouble switching.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another dissatisfied iPhone user. What can we say?

As I tell people when I have to have a "discussion" with them, "we all make bad choices from time to time." ;)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The phone is great but this 2GB Data limit is REDIC!

Data is unlimited on AT&T...........

As long as you wallet is too dancedroid

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol backnblack I was about to correct you till I read the 2nd line of your post. Wewh :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sadly .....us droid owners may soon face the same fate.:icon_evil:

I hope vzw do not go down that path, but you know they are thinking about it.

NVash

Reaction score
I doubt thatll go over too well though. Just immediately going from Unlmited to 2GB then your phone bill jumping up $10 or $20 a month, I doubt that mess will fly. They might be able to pull it off if and when the iPhone comes over, giving them their own seperate plan but everyone else? Nah.

dwagner88

Reaction score
The most I've ever used was about 1 GB, so I'm not bothered so much by the plan or the phone. It's certainly a very strong device, saddled to a very unfortunate carrier. In Tennessee, if VZW has any coverage at all, it is 3G coverage. Every tower has been upgraded, and the 3G is awesome. I actually got a 3G signal on top of Greggory Bald in the smoky mountains national park. You can't even get FM radio reception up there! There is no substitute. If the iPhone 4 was on VZW, I would probably consider it. I know that to say that around here is blasphemy, but I don't really have a problem with the phone or the system. I have an iPad that I love (shocking I know). The iPhone, however, is dead to me as long as it lives on AT&T. I may stick with Android even if the iPhone comes to VZW, as long as somebody can come up with an Android phone that matches or exceeds the iPhone's pixel density. I'm a bigtime pixel whore.

barryp3403

Reaction score
The most I've ever used was about 1 GB, so I'm not bothered so much by the plan or the phone.

Right now I am using about 0.5 GB per month but the only video are YouTube videos, mostly for songs that my kids call up to play when we are traveling a few hours per month. If Hulu or similar comes to the Droid then I can see where 2 GB won't be nearly enough. Does anyone know of a bigger bandwidth user than video? If the wireless carriers do start limiting us to 2 GB I hope regulators force all of them to have an accurate meter of usage on your phone with an opt in warning so that you can't accidentally go over the 2 GB limit if you don't want to.

Last edited: