I miss my Droid

sal33n

Reaction score
I had my OG since Christmas 09. For the last 5 months I had been patiently holding onto it waiting for the dual-core phones to arrive. I almost got ansy and used my upgrade on a Thunderbolt but I held fast and chose to wait. Well about three weeks ago I got a new job. Guess what? they provide cell phones. They provided me with an iPhone. So as much as I didn't want to I canceled my service and gave my mother the Droid. Hey it's saving me money right? So for three weeks now I have had this iPhone and although it's ok and all, I really miss my Droid! The 2 things going for the iPhone are the screen in direct sunlight is great and the screen animation is overall a lot smoother. But that is where my list ends. Not having Widgets, or the notification area or message indicator light is really frustrating the heck out of me. I can't even assign other custom notification sounds without jail breaking the darn thing! That's just stupid. Trying to go back and forth between apps is also irritating. Overall it's not a bad phone but I was definitely spoiled with my Droid.

drust

Reaction score
dont you feel foolish....while i hold my og droid typing this message :motdroidhoriz:

UNC

Reaction score
I just gave my D1 to my brother because he broke his... :( I have my own iPhone 4 and I love it, but I do miss hacking the old D1. My job gave us Thunderbolts (a few days after I returned mine) and let me tell you, I wish my job gave out iPhones. This TB cannot even make it thru half of the work day without being dead!!!! My Droid easily lasted 2-3x longer!!!!

Stick with Apple or Motorola, HTC sucks at making batteries!!!!

drust

Reaction score
just look at he battery size of the tb... omly thing it has going for it is 4g and thats not even real 4g

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Lol coming from a D1, X, and Bolt, I have to call bs. This smokes my D1 in every capacity except battery. Which also sucked on D1 when i first got it on release.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cttooch

Reaction score
i'm kinda in the same boat as you.

i have an iphone 4 through the company i work for but i would really like to have a droid. i never had an android phone but by doing research and looking on other sites the phones seem like they are amazing.

i just think it would be a little foolish on my part to get a 2nd phone i will be honest i really want an android phone and have close to buying one a bunch of times.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Bottom line is your Company is paying your phone bill and the handset was free. You can easily have a 2 nd handset for personal use or hobby. Like modding. But at times like these, save the $$. Or have both.

Beka27

Reaction score
I would still want to use my own phone for personal calls/texts/web browsing etc. Having a company phone allows them the right to access it at any time. Not to mention that if at any time you and the company part ways, the phone goes back to them. It's not really "yours". Maybe you can use it for the time being til something comes out this summer that knocks your socks off...

I wonder if there is anyway to forward stuff from an iPhone to Android, like incoming calls, texts etc... You'd be able to give out your work number, but retrieve everything on your Android phone...

OP
S

sal33n

Reaction score
I would still want to use my own phone for personal calls/texts/web browsing etc. Having a company phone allows them the right to access it at any time. Not to mention that if at any time you and the company part ways, the phone goes back to them. It's not really "yours". Maybe you can use it for the time being til something comes out this summer that knocks your socks off...

I wonder if there is anyway to forward stuff from an iPhone to Android, like incoming calls, texts etc... You'd be able to give out your work number, but retrieve everything on your Android phone...

What I did was port my old number over to Google Voice so I never have to worry since everyone who has my number can still call me... no matter what phone or carrier I switch to in the future.

It appears that some missed the point of my post. I don't regret dropping my Verizon service. Having a free smartphone is way worth it. I just miss what my Droid can do and that the iPhone is no where near as fun and entertaining to use on a daily basis as my Droid was. And on the bright side, my mother is now a Droid convert from a standard flip phone and is always wanting me to come over and show her how to do things, load apps, etc. So it's still in the family and I still get to mess around with it and have no cell bill. :)

I am not worried about what my company can see on my phone as I have nothing to hide and they are pretty liberal with the personal use policies.

On the down side, some recent issues with the iPhone have surfaced and it looks like the company is going to recall all iPhones in service and swap them out with Blackberries. I am not thrilled about that but then I guess it's kinda cool that in the span of a month I will have used a Droid, an iPhone and now it looks like a Blackberry Torch or Bold (my choice)... lol!!!

UNC

Reaction score

What I did was port my old number over to Google Voice so I never have to worry since everyone who has my number can still call me... no matter what phone or carrier I switch to in the future.

It appears that some missed the point of my post. I don't regret dropping my Verizon service. Having a free smartphone is way worth it. I just miss what my Droid can do and that the iPhone is no where near as fun and entertaining to use on a daily basis as my Droid was. And on the bright side, my mother is now a Droid convert from a standard flip phone and is always wanting me to come over and show her how to do things, load apps, etc. So it's still in the family and I still get to mess around with it and have no cell bill. :)

I am not worried about what my company can see on my phone as I have nothing to hide and they are pretty liberal with the personal use policies.

On the down side, some recent issues with the iPhone have surfaced and it looks like the company is going to recall all iPhones in service and swap them out with Blackberries. I am not thrilled about that but then I guess it's kinda cool that in the span of a month I will have used a Droid, an iPhone and now it looks like a Blackberry Torch or Bold (my choice)... lol!!!

iOS and Android are both lightyears ahead of RIM. So you're definitely taking a giant step back... They do have much better business security though. Our IS guys are having a fit because they don't think these TB's are secure. I told em to get Droid Pro, and it looks like my advice may have been heeded!!

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
An information device is only as secure as it's operator. That said, RIM is the most difficult to hack, from all I've read.

SoCalNation

Reaction score
I hate the D1. It's sitting on my desk, ill sell it to u LOL

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
I sympathize. I've not used an iPhone much, just borrowed a couple from friends to see what the big beef is about. They are slick, but I just like Android better.

That said, ...something about gift horses applies here. :)